81. Venom

'The snake it's the last one it's the last Horcrux,' Harry told them for he had accessed Voldemort's mind. He hoped he could be fast enough, avalon had told him the truth about Severus wanting Voldemort dead, he only hoped that Voldemort couldnt get in to see Harry's mind again, see Avalon and see severus betrayal. 

'We find him we find a snake and we end this.' Ron told him so Harry focused, trying to access the bond they had through his mind he saw Nagini he saw Lucius Malfoy.

'Might it not be more prudent to call off this attack? simply seek the boy yourself?' Lucius questioned

'I do not need to stop the boy... before the night is done he will come to me. do you understand?' Voldemort said slapping lucius across the face. 'how can you live with your self Lucius?''

''I don't know.' he admitted his face pale his eyes sunken and discolored. He wasnt the same pompous man harry had met before, he was a broken and scared man, he knew he fucked up but there was no turning back now.

''Go find Severus and bring him to me.' Voldemort demanded.

"I have to go." Severus remarked. 

"No." Avalon corrected. 

"They will come looking for me, he can't find you." Severus corrected. Avalon watched him head off before looking back at amelia, Avalon swallowed the lump in her throat. 

"Go after him mama, I will take care of Harwin and Emma." She assured. "I can be brave. Protect daddy." Avalon nodded hugging them again before running off. 

''You have performed extraordinary magic my Lord with this one in the past few hours' severus told Voldemort when he got to him, Nagini slithered around threateningly.

''I am extraordinary.' Voldemort corrected 'but the wand resists me.''

''There is no wand more powerful.' Severus informed him 'tonight when the boy comes it will not fail you. I am sure of it.' Severus told him 'it answers to you and you only.'

'Does it?'

'My Lord?'

'The wand does it truly answer to me? You're clever man Severus surely you must know...' Voldemort said circling around him. 'where does it's true loyalty lie?'

'with you. My Lord..' Severus assured. But it was like voldemort knew that was a lie. 

"The Elder wand cannot serve me properly, Severus, because I am not it's true master. The Elder Wand belongs to the wizard who killed its last owner. You killed Albus Dumbledore. While you live, Severus, the Elder Wand cannot be truly mine."

 "My Lord!" Severus protested, watching as he raised his wand. Dont just stand there Severus,  Kill him! Do it now! She screamed in her mind, willing Severus to take aim at the dark lord. To end this, to end this once and for all. 

 "It cannot be any other way" Voldemort declared,  "I must master the wand, Severus. Master the wand, and I master Potter at last," He slashed at the air with his wand, and Avalon watched in horror. Everything in her was screaming to charge in there, to save him. But she was a muggle, she didnt have magic, she couldnt do anything but become a shield and Severus would hate that.  Avalon sucked in a tight breath, she heard the creek of the floorboards and she could barely see three distinct figures. Harry was watching too. She wanted to tell him to run, to hide, this evil man was too strong but harry was so brave. 

'The elder wand cannot serve me properly because I am not it's true master.' Voldemort told him 'the elder wand belongs to the wizard that killed its last owner.' he took threatening steps towards Severus 'you killed Dumbledore, Severus. While you live the elder wand cannot truly be mine. You have been a good and faithful servant Severus but only I can live forever.' Voldemort informed him. 'Nagini kill' Voldemort declared Nagini snapped at him leaving bites all over his body.

An otherworldly hissing sound came from the dark lord as Severus' screamed. The snake lunged at him, fangs sinking into him. Avalon bit her lip to keep from whimpering out, she gripped the wall to keep from moving as she watched him fall to the ground helplessly. Her husband, the man she wanted to spend the rest of her life with... 

 His life as a double agent had finally caught up. Her whole body went rigid and then limp as she watched his blood flow out. 

Avalon ran forward as Voldemort disappeared. Harry followed behind her. Avalon screamed she grabbed a broken board picked it up and whacked nagini over the head her fang went flying out of her mouth she hissed as Avalon, as severus panted for breath. 

Avalon smacked Nagini again with fierce anger, she growled back at the snake before she slithered away, Avalon looked to Severus. She was too late. 

"Dont you dare die." she sobbed out collapsing beside him. "Oh no, oh no." Avalon whimpered putting pressure on his wounds.  Harry, Ron, and Hermione approached him. The light escaped his eyes, it was as if bits of his soul being freely given, Avalon choked for breath as she sobbed out. 

 "Take... it" Severus gasped, as Harry encapsulated the memories. This was Severus' dying offering. To prove that he wasn't evil. To prove his goodness and worth. Harry would see he was good, and see all Severus had done for him. 

 "Avalon," Severus whispered, as his body went slack. 

 "Dont you dare die" She begged.

'Harry you are the final horcrux.' severus whispered. 'You must die before voldemort can ever fully be gone.'' Harry sucked in a tight breath, he had to die... they were truly connected. 

  "Youre not allowed to die!" Avalon shouted she looked back at the fang. "Antivenom." She realized.  "We could make antivenom." She said hopefully.

"Avalon?" Severus whispered. "I love-"

"I know how to do that!" She told him. "I took a class damnit, I did it all the time in the states!" Avalon declared. "I can do it! I can save you!" avalon told Severus hopefully.  "Hermione aparate us to the potions lab now!" Avalon demanded.

'This is a waste of blood spilled so I will tell my forces to retreat but know that this is not over Harry Potter I speak directly to you on this night you have allowed your friends to die for you rather than face me yourself there's no greater disappointment. Join me in the forbidden forest and face your fate if you do not do this I shall kill every last man woman and child who tries to conceal you from me.' Voldemort warned his voice echoing through everyone's head.

Harry looked over his dead friends and teachers he had to end this. Once and for all. Him and him alone.

Avalon didnt see Harry die, she probably would have had a panic attack if she had, she didnt see them win either, she was focused on trying to create an antivenom treatment for Severus. She worked tirelessly. Tears fell down her eyes, blurring her vision as she worked. She had never been more grateful for her time in Missouri. Her study in snakes when she was at university. She begged this to work, she begged severus to hold on a little bit longer, she just needed more time. He was pale and weak, she was losing him... She couldnt lose him. The kids couldnt lose their father. Avalon couldn't lose the love of her life...