21. Werewolf

Devotion/ Game of Thrones out now!

'Harry!' Hermione shouted she pointed up at the full moon rising it hit Remus skin and he started to transform. Avalon faltered back into Severus. This is what hermione meant. Oh Gods. Werewolf. They were a lot cuter in books and television shows. This was scary. Looked painful too.

'This is not who you are this is not who your heart is.' sirius told him holding him back. Avalon saw the friendship between them. Saw the light between them. She felt a wash of pain knowing they had been pulled apart. She believed Sirius Black wasnt the monster the world made him out to be.  Remus dropped his wand during transformation and Peter picked it up harry disarmed him but Peter turn back into a rat scurrying off in the night as Remus struggled with his transformation.

The transformation was fully underway he threw back Sirius. Severus pulled avalon behind him as he rose his wand.

'Professor!' Hermione said approaching the werewolf 'professor Lupin?' But he howled into the night before taking threatening steps towards them.

Severus headd the growl of a werewolf he spun around protecting the children. Avalon had never loved him more. She saw his fatherly side coming out as he protected them. He didnt like them but he didnt want them dead either. Remus charged at them but Sirius came running ahead in dog form pulling at Remus they clawed and scratched each other but sirius got Remus to chase him the other way.

"Hes a dog. Hes a werewolf. Oh my, this is a lot to take in." Avalon remarked.  Harry took off after him. They heard howling in the distance and Avalon saw Remus takeoff. She didn't see Sirius, avalon watched in horror as Harry was chasing after sirius into the woods.

Avalon got Ron and Hermione back but Harry was still looking for his God father. Sirius black. Avalon worried but severus begged her not to. Harry survived he who shall not be named they werent going to be this lucky and vanquish him in a dog fight.

"I know you care." Avalon corrected. "I saw you jump in front of those kids."

"I was protecting you-"

"And them and Im proud of you. Makes me love you more. My Brave husband."

🐺

Avalon felt tingly like a strange sense of déjà vu the next morning butnshe shook it off. Telling severus of the strange dreams she had.

Severus slept poorly as well he was ready for sirius trial to begin. He wondered what the kiss of death would look like. He was excited to see it. He hoped they would allow it.

Sirius was sitting in the cell waiting for his death when Hermione and Harry came riding a hippogriff breaking him free

'I will be forever grateful for this to both of you.' Sirius told them

'I want to go with you.' harry told Sirius

'One day perhaps.' sirius told him 'right now my life is too unpredictable besides you are meant to be here.'

'But you are innocent.' harry reminded him

'And you know it, and that'll have to do. I suppose you're tired of hearing this but you look so much like your father except your eyes you have-'

'My mother's eyes.' Harry agreed.

'It's cruel that I got to spend so much time with James and Lily and you so little.' sirius told him 'but know the ones that love us never really leave us and you can always find them in here.' he placed a hand Harry's chest over his heart.

The rest if the semester seemed rather boring after the whomping willow fun and sirius disappeance.

"Oh harry," avalon remarked on the last day of term. "Buckbeak went missing the night sirius black escaped." Harry tensed. "You wouldnt happen to know anything about that? Would you?" Harry shook his head. "Im not mad." Avalon assured. "I believe he's innocent."

"You do?" Harry questioned taking a step forward.

"The way him and Remus reunited. Something about that made me..." avalon shrugged. "Just a sense I suppose." 

"He is innocent." Harry agreed.

"You want to change your previous answer?" Avalon pondered.

"I gave him to sirius. He bowed and everything. Thats more than Malfoy did. Hippogriffs are a good judge of character too!" Harry admitted trying to justify it. "He needed an escape. Fast and quick and... I am sorry."

"Its alright. Mr- Professor- headmaster didnt want us using buckbeak for lessons anyways. Have a good summer Harry."

"You too Ms Avalon."

"Can we go home?" Avalon requested when she found severus the clothes and books packing themselves up already. 

"Yes." Severus agreed as the bags finished packing themsevles. She leaned into him smiling up at him.

"Now that the big bad wolf is gone does this mean you dont need me here anymore?" Avalon questioned

"You already have a job here in the fall and every fall if you want it my love." Severus remarked proudly. "You are good at this. Good with the children. You love to learn. Tell me you want to come back?" He begged.

"No place I would rather be than by your side Sevy."

"Did you know professor snape had a wife." Draco questioned when he got home.

"I thought he was lying about it."  Lucius admitted.

"Avalon. Shes totally hot too." Draco added. "I dont know how Snape landed her."

"Maybe we need to invite them over this holiday for supper."