60. Suffer

Youngblood/ Harry potter x HOTD crossover out now!

Avalon paced as the children were off being the heroes. She smiled down at Harwin but she was so worried. Severus told her to stay put and lock the door, she did so. Amelia was finally to bed. Emmalina needed another bottle and her diaper changed and then she was down. Harwin was a night owl. Big green eyes stared back at her. The twins had thick black hair like Severus and while Harwin had dark green eyes Emmalina had the lightest of greens almost yellow eyes, both seemed to have golden flecks.

Avalon touched his little hands and little toes as he smiled up at her not ready to go to bed yet. Its not avalon could fall asleep if she tried. Notnwithiut severus here.

'You have lost old man.' Voldemort declared circling around Harry and Albus, visions of his parents death of sirius's death,  of Cedric ran through his mind he was trapped in his head as he panting for breath.

'Harry?' Albus asked worried.

'So weak so vulnerable' Voldemort said echoing in his head Harry, he was trapped in his own mind.

'Harry it is not how you two are alike it is how you two are different,' albus assured him. Memories of all the good flashed his head when he saw his friends come up behind them all the good times brought him back. His time with avalon and Sirius, memories of his parents. The good flashed through his mind.

'You are the weak one and you have never known love or friendship.' Harry decided finding his strengt.

'what do you have? Nothing.' Voldemort hissed 'you parents are gone, your godfather is gone, gone, soon you will join them.'

'-and I feel sorry for you.' He was speaking directly to Voldemort their minds connected he saw flashes of Voldemort's own pain before, he saw flashes of his pain, he saw the pain and darkness, time stood still as Harry lay on the ground Voldemort over him.

'You are a fool Harry Potter' Voldemort seethed 'and you will lose everything'. He looked up seeing the aurors approaching they saw Voldemort, the aurors whispered it's him, hes back, before Voldemort disappeared .They had to believe Albus Dumbledore now, there was no denying it.

'He's back.' the minister declared. His voice a rasp as a flurry of worry fluttered through the ministry.

"Avalon, my love lets get you to bed." Severus suggested finding her and harwin slumped over in a chair. She blinked back at him before her chest filled with air.

"You are back!" She jumped up startling Harwin awake. Tired and confused he blinked tipping back into the couch. Little legs flying up as he tried to comprehend what just happened.

"Oh honey im sorry if I worried you," severus agreed.

"If?" Avalon choked back. "Severus-" he held her.

"Its okay." He assured.

"You are not hurt?"

"Im not hurt. Im fine." Severus assured breathing her in.

"And... The children? I saw them take off I was terribly worried-"

"They are fine." Severus agreed.

"How do you know?"

"I just know." Severus answered. Avalon nodding believeing him.

Avalon checked on harry but he was sound asleep along with Ron and Neville. She assumed Hermione would be asleep too they had a long night from the sounds of it.

So Avalon went to check on draco the next day he was sitting in his dorm heels kicking against his bed frame. He let his legs stop and settle when he saw her.

"Knock knock." Avalon said softly.

"Come on in." Draco agreed.

"May I?" She nodded to the bed. He nodded and she sat beside him. "You got to be head boy for a bit... enforcing the rules or a cruel woman thinking herself right." Draco sighed.

"Story of my life." He agreed. "I couldnt even do that right."

"Maybe because you are good." Avalon encouraged. Draco met her graze.  "You knew she was treating others unfairly and unjustly and you didnt do your best sleuthing on purpose."

"I tried to. Tried to go good. Father would be disappointed." Draco remarked.

"Its a new day. Brush yourself off and try and do better and be better even just a little bit every day more than the last." Avalon suggested. "And for whats its worth. I think under correct guidance you could be a great head boy."

"Thanks Avalon." Draco answered leaning into her.

"Potter." Severus narrowed his eyes on Harry but he looked less threatening with a little girl babbling in his arms.

"Is ms avalon here?"

"Not at present." Severus answered.

"Do you know where Ms Avalon-"

"Oh harry! You are alright!" Avalon declared. Harry spun around and she hugged him. "You brave boy going up against that woman and going off and doings God knows what!" Harry cried into Avalon and her words faded. "Oh honey im not mad. I was just worried." She whispered kissing the top of his head. 

"Thank you," harry answered his arms latched around her. Avalon looked to Severus confused as she stroked Harrys back. "Thank you for caring." With that he ran off. Avalon stared down the now empty hallway before following severus back in.

"Poor boy. I wonder what that was about... Do you know what has harry in knots?" Avalon questioned.

"He is a teenage boy im sure many things." Severus offered as he packed up.

'Neither can live with the other one survives. That means one of us is going to have to kill the other in the end.' Harry remarked.

'Yes' Dumbledore agreed simply.

'Why didn't you tell me?' Harry cried out.

'Same reason why you tried to save sirius and your friends tried to save you.' Albus told him, 'after all these years after all you have suffered, I did not want to cause you more pain. I care too much about you.''