35. Load of Bologna

" well you see we didn't dress up for Halloween since the tri-Wizard tournament was being announced so this was just skipped over so Amelia and I decided that we were going to dress up today!" Avalon declared

" look I match mommy!" Amelia added spinning around.

"My two favorite kitty cats." he agreed. He looked to Flash and Cheeto racing around the room. "My favorite more human felines." He altered with a laugh.

" daddy you have to dress up to." Amelia informed him. Severus chuckled.

" no no no my dear I do not dress up." Severus corrected.

" but we are you have to!" Amelia requested stomping a foot down on the ground.

"Oh severus, how can you say no to that little face come on look at her!" Avalon exclaimed. Severus stared down a little pouting, Amelia.

And all his years of teaching he never felt the need to dress up. But this year he had Amelia in his class with him and if he took off his cat ears, Amelia would march up to him and put them right back on. It was a look that None of the students had ever seen before, severus snape the loving father. Willing to look foolish for his daughters happiness.

Severus Snape wearing cat ears. Severus Snape... smiling. Laughing? Acting like a normal not evil person. The children didnt know what to think.

Avalon looked as beautiful as ever her whiskers painted on and Amelia was adorable. Whipping around her tail happily all day. Severus held back a groan. Forced to smile and scouled at the students all at once. He loved Amelia but the sniggers from the students - he shouldnt have to feel the need to justify why he was wearing costume cat ears. It was November first damnit.

Because Avalon was right. He couldn't say no to Amelia.

+

" Harry Potter aged 12, suspect entrant in the tri-wizard tournament. His eyes swimming with the ghosts of his..."

"Severus have you seen this load of bologna?" Avalon questioned holding up the paper. "She got all her facts wrong, Harry isnt 12 for starters and she made him seem like, like, like," Avalon huffed out a breath as she threw the paper across the room. "I dont like magical papers anymore, her voice is annoying to."

"Where are you going?" Severus countered as avalon got up.

"To check on harry the probably saw the paper and feels like hell." Avalon remarked as she marched off.

"You and me kid." Severus remarked. "You want to go down to the great hall for some supper?"

"No. I want you to cook something," amelia corrected.

"What would you like?" Severus questioned

"Umm mac and cheese." Amelia decided

"Easy enough," severus agreed.

"With peas!" Amelia added. "For a speck of green."

"you mama will be proud." Severus agreed as he got out the pot.

"Do you think one of them put my name in the goblet?"

" I haven't a clue who put your name in," Sirius admitted his face flickering in the fire. " that goblet Harry but whoever did it is no friend to you. People die in this tournament."

"I'm not ready for this Sirius." Harry begged.

"You don't have a choice." Sirius countered.

"Someone's coming!" Harry remarked nervously but it was too late avalon snuck up quiet as a mouse.

"Oh my God," Avalon declared startling Harry. "Oh... this is normal for you people, sorry." Avalon added. "Fire conversations, who needs a phone." She mused.

"Hello... Avalon correct?" Sirius questioned his fiery face staring up at her.

"Yes... I'm... oh..." Avalon looked to harry. "We can talk later, you are busy, nice to see your fiery face, Sirius." She offered awkwardly. She headed out but Harry heard ron coming in.

"Keep your friends close Harry." Sirius requested before disappearing.

"Ms Avalon!" Harry declared jumping up. "I... my friends dont believe me."

"What do you mean sweetie?" Avalon countered giving his shoulder a squeeze

"Ron thinks I rigged it to get in. He doesnt believe me. Hermione. Well she isnt happy with me either." Harry remarked.

"Im sure they are just jealous- Heaven knows why anyone wants to participate in those games but you get the honor or curse of it." Avalon remarked. "Once they see the challenges im sure they will come around to cheer you on."

"Do you know what they are?"

"Afraid not. Or else I would tell you harry." Avalon assured.  "Have a good night. Im always here if you need to talk. And sorry if I interrupted your fire talk with... him." She added softly as a group of students came in.

"Thats alright. We were done." Harry assured.

As avalon headed back down the dungeons the stairs started to move.

"Oh blasted." Avalon muttered. She looked around confused. "Change back! I only know how to get-"

"Ms Avalon?" Draco questioned coming up behind her.

"Hello Draco." Avalon answered fondly.

"Are you yelling at the stairs?" He questioned. Avalon chuckled nodding slowly as she looked to the stairs again before her gaze settled on draco.

"I was. But they dont listen to me." Avalon informed him.

"You want to get back your chambers." Draco pondered.

"I do." Avalon agreed.

"Im headed down. I will help you." Draco offered.

"You are just the sweetest." Avalon followed deaco andnhe extended his arm for her. "And a gentleman." Draco smiled back at her. "How are your parents?"

"Fine I guess." Draco offered with an indifferent shrug.

"I was almost certain your father would appear for the tri wizard champion announcement. He seems to be everywhere."

"Except where you need him," draco mumbled.

"Whats that sweetie?"

"Nothing." Draco assured. "Here we are."

"Oh I wish i was paying better attention." Avalon admitted as they stopped at their chambers. "Those damn stairs. Thank you so much Draco."

"I will rescue you anytime Ms Avalon." Draco assured she kissed his temple as she pushed open the door. She smelled dinner and a soft smile pulled at her lips as she breathed it in.

"I know you are probably very busy and dont want to hang out with your professor." Avalon began "but I smell supper and its better than magic made. I can guarantee it. Draco would you like to join us?" Draco hesitated. "Dont feel like you have to. But i enjoy your company."

"I would love to stay." Draco assured.

"Wonderful, Amelia honey can you set an extra-" Avalon scanned the table and stove for what they were eating. "-bowl for Draco?"

"Yes mommy, hi Draco."

"Hi Amelia." Draco answered. "Hello Professor." He added looking to Severus.

"Taking in strays again?" Severus drawled.

"Naturally." Avalon agreed. "No. Draco brought me back. The stairs switched on me and i was turned around."

"Thank you, Draco." Severus added.

"I hope you like mac and cheese." Amelia declared as she scooped a hefty spoonful onto her bowl. "It has peas so we can pretend its healthy," she whispered leaning towards Draco.

Draco never had family meals. Never sat down with his parents unless they were hosting and even then his mother wasnt always around. He got a glimpse at what a normal family was like and he loved it.