80. Pray

Can't catch me now / Severus Snape out now!
&
King of the World / Rose Bolton out now!

Avalon was worried about Severus, of course she was but she knew she couldnt freak out like her mind was begging her to. If these children could be brave then she could muster up her own courage. 

''His name is Voldemort you might as well use it he's going to try and kill you either way.' Minerva said as she summoned protective spells the statues coming down from their podiums.

''Hogwarts is under attack do your duty to your school.'' she said as they marched forward. 'I've always wanted to use that spell.' she admitted to Molly Weasley excitedly as Flitwick cast a spell of his own all the professors putting a protective barrier around Hogwarts. Dementors circled just beyond the border as it's sealed around Hogwarts sealing it off protecting everyone inside.

"I..." Avalon stared back at Amelia and the twins. 

"He's here." Amelia whispered. "And daddy is gone." 

 "You saw it?" Avalon picked her up holding her close as the twins babbled happily. Blissfully ignorant. Amelia nodded. 

"And that." She pointed outside, the darkened sky. "What do we do mama?" 

"We... pray." Avalon offered. She moved to the piano she trilled along the keys. Severus put a blood spell on the chambers, no one else could get in. But she was still worried, of course she was. Her fingers played a little tune, missing a few keys due to her nervous shaking fingers. Amelia hummed along, Avalon's hands fell to her sides and Amelia smiled back at her. 

"My brave girl." Avalon whispered. 

"Daddy is going to be okay." She assured. 

"I hope you are right my love." 

"'They never learn. Such a pity.' Voldemort said looking at the protected Hogwarts

'Shouldn't we wait my Lord?' Voldemort shot him a glare.

"Do not forget who is in charge." Voldemort corrected. ''Begin.' Voldemort declared death eater army shot their wands out casting a spell against the barrier it was like fireworks as their spells tried to penetrate the boundary.

Avalon felt the ground shake and suddenly the twins were screaming. The death eaters ran breaking through the barrier but the moment they crossed they disintegrate into nothing. They stood outside it confused frustrated angry. Minerva stood victorious for now.

The fang had destroyed tom riddles diary they could only hope that it would do the same to the other objects. Hermione smashed the fang down into the goblet, it spiraled away from them once pierced. Voldemort screamed out, Harry panting out in pain as well. He felt it each time a horcrux was destroyed. Another piece of Voldemort's soul was gone.

"Avalon." She jumped grabbing a bat and swinging it around. A hand grabbed the bat stopping her. "Avalon." Severus repeated. She released the bat hugging him tight. 

"OH SEVERUS!" She sobbed out clinging to him. "I was so worried about you! How did you get in? Minerva was putting up shields." 

"I never left." Severus corrected. "I couldnt leave, I just pretended to... oh Avalon I heard what you said, I heard your declarations, i dont deserve you." 

"You are a good man, they shouldnt think anything less." Avalon corrected still crying into him. 

"Daddy!" Amelia declared, the twins called out for him as well. Severus knelt down hugging each of them. 

"I'm back." Severus agreed. "I'm so sorry I wasnt here sooner."

''You have some thing of mine and I want it back.' Draco told him, meaning his wand that harry had stolen back at the manor.

'You have a new one.' Harry noted.

'It's my mothers it's powerful but it does not quite understand me... you know what I mean?' Draco said pointing to the wand.

'Why didn't you tell her. Bellatrix?' Harry asked 'you knew it was me. But you didn't say anything.''

"Yeah well...' Draco shrugged. "You were damn ugly."

"Thank you, Draco." Harry answered.