5. Hippogriff

Avalon peered in at Severus class, the children were grumbling.

It seemed like a different man up there in front of the class, he smacked his wand down on the desk and the little ravenclaw shot up in her seat staring nervously back at him.

"I do not tolerate laziness in my class." Severus added. He caught Avalon's eye, she smiled back at him. "Open to page five." He demanded walking down the aisle, his cloak flowed behind him.

"Is something wrong?" Severus questioned running a hand over her arm.

"No, no, I was just headed to my class and thought I would see you work." Avalon remarked. Severus had always been a different person with Avalon than at Hogwarts, it was going to be strange having the two worlds combine.

He brought a gentle hand up stroking her cheek, Avalon heard the murmurs of the children grumbling about Snape being the hardest teacher and the meanest, Avalon didnt believe it for a second. But he seemed to want her out of his class room. Maybe he was strict, but she knew you had to be disciplined with children or else they got away with everything and these students were dealing with magical mumbo jumbo that was surely very dangerous.

"I will let you get back to it." Avalon added giving his hand a squeeze.

"Do you remember how to get there?" Severus questioned.

"Yes." Avalon lied.

"He has a wife?"

"Sister probably."

"Who could tolerate snape-"

"Silence!" Severus demanded. "Mrs. Avalon Snape is my wife and you all with treat her with the utmost respect. Now. Turn to page five." The students cowered in their seats quieting themselves. 

Avalon was exploring trying to get to care of magical creatures when she came across the largest willow tree she had ever seen. She walked up to it running her hands along the trunk before it started moving and started swinging around being around her she screamed out. Lupin saw the commotion and ran up to her and immobilizing the tree and pulling her away. She clung onto him so tight her nails digging into his flesh, pain flooding her.

"Are you all right?" He asked looking her over

"I think so," she said realizing her hands were still on him she pulled away embarrassed. "Sorry and thank you."

"Quite alright," he smiled down at her. "You are Avalon correct the new aide for care of magical creatures?" Remus questioned

"Yes thats right," she said embarrassed still. "Is this a creature?"

"It... well its the whomping willow. Its a temperamental little shit best steer clear of it." Remus said leading her away.

"Im so very grateful you found me," avalon told him.

"I have good ear." Remus told her. "I'm remus lupin."

"So nice to formally meet you." Avalon said shaking his hand as they walked. "This place is so confusing."

"You didnt go here?"

"I'm a ... whats the word again? Oh a muggle." She told him happily.

"Really?" He looked her over. "And what is a muggle doing helping at hogwarts?" Remus questioned curiously.

"Severus thought with everything going on with the criminals that escaped that he wanted me closer." Avalon informed him.

"Are you his very attractive younger sister?" Remus mused

"Im his wife. This will be five years this winter." Avalon corrected

"Married. Didnt know anyone could tolerate that man." Remus half teased