16. Happiness

Giddy Up! / Harwin Strong out now!!

There didnt seem like much news on the sirius black front. Thanksgivings passed belly's stuffed and the first snow had fallen.

"Happy anniversary!" Avalon declared. Severus laughed as she did jazz hands over the breakfast she made for them. She ran to him hugging him tight. "Five years. Feels like just yesterday." Avalon whispered kissing him.

"Happy anniversary my love." Severus agreed. Five years had seemed to pass rather quickly. Avalon still looked at severus like the first day they met like he was the most handsomest man in the world. He still didnt know all these years later how he got so lucky.

She poured them mimosas and toasted to many more years together.

Severus glanced to newts notebooks. Avalon had been religiously reading them taking her own notes on the notes in her notebook.

"Some light reading this morning?" Severus remarked.

"He sent another one. It appeared this morning! Just appeared! I love magic!" Avalon agreed. He chuckled reaching over to grab her hand. Avalon gave his hand a squeeze.

Severus loved having avalon at hogwarts for the little things he missed most days and nights. Besides waking up and falling asleep next to her everyday he missed the way her cold toes would graze against his stealing his warmth. How she made tea like such an american her mother and herself being from the states. She drank with the tea bag in her cup pouring in the milk and sugar before it was properly steeped.

He thought their spark might fade a bit seeing as though they hadnt spent this much time together in ages but avalon still greeted him whenever she saw him with a big hug and a little kiss. Their passion didnt fade but their love grew.

Christmas came quickly they stayed in the castle while most of the children went home. Harry stayed however. Avalon and severus got their perfect christmas feast. She gave the house elves the day off and she spent the morning in the kitchen with severus and harry.

Harry kept his gaze away from severus but when avalon found out he was still here she insisted her stay! Insisted he join them. Harry couldnt say no to ms Avalon. She made Harry feel like he had a home while severus sent him annoyed glares. Like it was harrys fault that Avalon insisted he join them.

"Thanks again." Harry whispered as avalon oulled the cinnamon rolls out.

"Of course! This is tradition. Right sevy?" Severus didnt answer though as he sipped his coffee, black. "Do you have any traditions you want to do?"

"None." Harry was used to cleaning and cooking and watching his cousin get spoiled rotten.

"Well you are welcome to join us on all of ours." Avalon assured.

"Thank you Ms Avalon."

"Mrs." Severus corrected.

Avalon had to get creative with Harrys gift not knowing he was here. But she didnt want him not to have a gift. She picked up a little owl she had knitted. She was quite proud of it. Recalled Harry had an owl and hoped he liked it.

"For me?" Harry questioned confused.

"Yes handsome, for you." Avalon agreed. "Open it up. I hope you like it. I made it." Severus rolled his eyes. He didnt like this but he knew how much avalon was enjoying this so he kept quiet.

Harry smiled down at the owl oulling it from the gift bag. He pet its little head.

"Thank you!" Harry declared hugging her. "I have never recieved a gift this... thoughtful."  Avalon felt bad that she hadn't initially made it for him considering how much he liked it but she was happy he did. She held to him. Severus face softened as he watched them but he quickly returned his face to stone as harry looked his way.

Harry excused himself after the second christmas movie started that night. Avalon had been snuggled up into severus. Another end to another perfect day in avalons mind. Harry thanked her profusely before heading out.

"You are good with them. The children." Severus remarked. "You want to try again?"

"Really?" Avalon squealed rolling over.

"You will be a great mother." Severus agreed kissing her. "Without a doubt. You want to start trying, for real this time?"

"Yes!" Avalon squealed kissing him. They tried and tried again while the children were gone. They celebrated his birthday in bed and every day after that until the children back. It was glorious.