70. The Half Blood

Guiltless/ Theon Greyjoy Out now!

Draco held his wand out pointing at the Dumbledore slowly approaching

'Good evening Draco it's a lovely spring evening isn't it.'

'Who else is here I heard you talking!' Draco snapped

'Just me I like to talk to myself. Do you listen to yourself Draco?' albus questioned. 'Draco you are no assassin.' Albus reminded him. Draco had wanted to tell avalon but he couldnt, he didnt want her getting hurt. Severus kept her away from the dark lord for a reason, he couldnt get her involved, she was just a muggle. She didnt have any powers to fight against Voldemort. 

''How do you know who I am I've done things you don't even know!' Draco snapped back nervously.

''You mean Katie Bell what you did was merciful was easy fixed.' Albus assured.

'You don't know anything! I have been chosen!' Draco declared pulling up his sleeve to reveal the death eaters mark on his arm. 'The vanishing cabinet in the room of requirement...''

''Let me guess it has a sister a twin?''

'At Borgin and Burkes a secret passage...' Draco told him. That would have been the perfect time to tell Avalon and maybe they could have broke the cabinet and stopped this, given him more time to figure something out but now it was too late and he had to kill Albus Dumbledore. 

'Genius Draco... you were just simply a boy who made all the wrong choices... you don't make anymore.'

'I don't want your help!' Draco told him through clenched teeth 'I have to do this I have to kill you or he is going to kill me.' Draco was terrified. He didn't want to do this, he couldnt do this but his thoughts were quickly silenced by the footsteps of death eaters approaching Bellatrix laugh breaking through Draco's nervous thoughts. 

'Well look what we have here!' she said happily coming up behind Draco. 'Well done Draco.' she said blowing him a kiss.

'Good evening Bellatrix I think introductions are in order don't you?' albus questioned looking around the group of death eaters.

'I'm afraid we are on a bit of a tight schedule Albus.' Bellatrix reminded him. 'Do it' she sneered in Dracos ear. 'kill him.''

Severus moved swiftly to the astronomy tower, he didnt want to do this just as much as Draco didnt. Albus was his friend. This would be the beginning of the end. There would be nothing and everything all at once. Severus would be deemed the monster the children always thought he would be. He could be the monster, but he wouldnt let avalon get sucked into this. He couldnt risk her and the children. 

''He doesn't have the stomach, just like his father.' another death eater said. 'we can finish it one way or another... I know the dark lord wanted him to do it but...'' Harry stared wide eyed as Severus appeared beside him covering a hand over his month silencing him. Harry grit his teeth as Severus moved forward. 

'go on Draco now!' Bellatrix screamed.

'No' severus said coming up behind them. "No' severus repeated.

'Severus.' Dumbledore said knowing this was his fate. 'please...' he whispered. Severus sucked in a pained breath, he hated this, he hated this so much.

'Avada cadavra.' Severus declared and Dumbledore went flying Bellatrix went to the balcony shooting off a spell, a skull appeared in the clouds as she screamed happily. Severus looked down at a very dead Albus Dumbledore.

Severus and the death eaters Draco included all left, harry stood underneath terrified and angry, anger filled him as he had to watch Albus die at the hands of a man Albus had trusted.

 Draco was scared but he tried to hide it as Bellatrix ran across the table kicking the plates blowing out the candles with a wave of dark magic the window breaking the glass shattering in on the great hall, she skipped happily. The death eaters shared a mischievous grin as they ran destroying the great hall.

'Snape!' Harry yelled 'he trusted you!' Bellatrix lit hagrids hut on fire, giddy.

'You coward fight back!' Harry demanded but Severus reflected all the spells Harry threw at him easily, Bellatrix stepped forward sending Harry flying backwards. Severus tensed but didnt show it on his face as he glanced back at Harry. 

'The dark lord wants the kill for himself.' Severus reminded her. serverus started to walk away but Harry got up shooting out a spell at him. Severus again reflected it sending harry flying to his back miserably. Severus walked up to him threateningly.

'You dare use my own spells against me Potter? I am the half blood Prince.' Severus hissed.

+

Avalon was horrified. Severus wouldnt do this, where was he? Why wasnt he here? Albus was his friend.

Dumbledore laid dead before the students they had all gathered around Minerva held up her wand sending a little spark of light into the darkness above. The rest of the professors and students joined and everyone raising their ones up in remembrance of their dear friend and professor. The light and pain and grief filled the courtyard breaking through the darkness that loomed over Hogwarts.

Avalon ran back to her chambers and locked the door blocking it as she packed up. Severus wasnt dead, he couldnt be. But where was he? He would be here if he could, so where was he?