68. Don't Tell Avalon

"If Dumbledore's traveling, then that's news to the Ministry... but perhaps that's the way Dumbledore wants it. As for Draco Malfoy... I know a bit more." Remus remarked.

" Go on."

"I sent an agent to Borgin and Burkes. I think, from what you described... what you and Ron saw in summer... the object that Draco is so interested in... is a vanishing cabinet." Remus answered.

"A vanishing cabinet?" Harry questioned.

"They were all the rage when Voldemort first rose to power. You can see the appeal. Should Death Eaters come knocking... one simply had to slip inside and disappear for an hour or two. They can transport you anywhere. Tricky contraptions though, very temperamental." Remus went on.

"What happened to it? The one at Borgin and Burkes?" Harry questioned.

"Nothing." Remus answered. "It's still there."

"Hi draco," he jumped at avalon's voice. "You doing something you arent supposed to?" Avalon pondered. 

"No, no." Draco corrected. 

"This is the room of requirement right?" Avalon questioned. 

"I... how did you know that?" Draco countered. 

"Harry and his... the... army..." Avalon offered awkwardly. 

"Right." Draco agreed. 

"So is that what you were doing?"

"No. I mean yes." Draco hesitated. "I required a bathroom." 

"Oh thats useful." Avalon agreed. "And strange that it can just turn into anything you require."

"It is." Draco agreed. 

"Well would you be a dear a walk me back? I always get lost on the wrong floors, the twins like the stroller, they think its great, fall asleep looking around and the moment i stop they usually wake up and I have accomplished nothing but a very long walk about the castle." Avalon remarked. 

"I will walk you back." Draco agreed. 

"What have you been up to? I miss seeing you in potions, but Severus says you are doing good in defense against the dark arts." Draco stared back at her. She waited silently. "IT's such a fine class, defense against the monster, dont you think? And now we know there are monsters out there. Well there always were I suppose but they are coming out of the shadows now... Defense against... what a wonderful class."

"Yeah." Draco whispered. "Avalon I have to tell you something-"

"Anything." Avalon agreed. 

"I...." It was as if his dark mark knew that he was going to confess and his arm hurt, maybe it was just in his mind but his dark mark burned. Draco whimpered turning away. He didnt want to be this person. "It's nothing."

"Are you sure? I'm here for you, anything at all honey. I wont judge." Avalon assured. 

"No... its stupid. I have to get going, can you find your way back from here?"

"I'm sure I can figure it out." She agreed. "Thank you Draco, and Draco.... I'm always here for you."

+

"Severus all the boys seem to be under a... love potion." Avalon remarked. 

"What?" Severus chuckled. 

"Professor Slughorn taught them about love potions and I think the girls took it a little too far. Is there a cure?"

"I'm not dealing with slughorns muck ups." Severus corrected. "It shouldnt be too bad." 

"No?" Avalon countered, Severus shrugged. 

"These girls, they're gonna kill me." Ron panted out as harry saved him.

"Quick thinking on your part, Harry, using a bezoar." Horace added.

"You must be very proud of your student, Horace." Albus added.

"Hm? Oh, yes, very proud."

"Heavens this school really needs some better safety precautions!" Avalon declared. 

"I think we agree, Potter's actions were heroic." Severus agreed blandly. "The question is, why were they necessary?"

"Why, indeed?" Albus agreed. "This appears to be a gift, Horace." noting the ribbon. 

"You don't remember who gave you this bottle?" Severus pondered. "Which, by the way, possesses remarkably subtle hints of licorice and cherry... when not polluted with poison..." Severus deadpanned. 

"Posion? Who wants you dead?" Avalon questioned. 

"Actually I had intended to give it as a gift myself." Horace admitted.

"To whom, I might ask?" Albus questioned. 

"To you, Headmaster."

avalon took the bottle smelling it, she didnt smell what Severus expert nose did, she probably would have drank it herself and then she would have been dying as Ron almost was. 

"Who is trying to kill you Albus?" Avalon questioned. Albus gave her a small smile and pat her arm. 

"Dont you worry my dear." 

"You get death threats often?" Avalon countered. 

"It's not my time to die, not yet at least." Albus countered. "I have one more thing I need to do." 

"Just one?" Avalon countered. 

Draco was crying when harry found him. Draco splashed water on his face trying to be rid of his misery, his failure, he couldnt do this, but he had to do this.

"I know what you did, Malfoy. You hexed her, didn't you?" Harry shouted. Draco glanced back at him in the mirror of the bathroom. Draco spun around and they threw spell back and forth at each other breaking the bathroom but not hitting each other. They ran along the bathroom before Harry spotted Draco.

"Sectumsempra!" He shouted hitting draco and he flew back, blood seeped out of him. Harry approached slowly as draco bled out. Severus marched past seeing the spell, Harry quickly headed away and Severus knew what spell harry had used, he had his old potions book,

"Vulnera Sanentur." Severus commanded dragging his wand over dracos body, the blood came back into him slowly. "Vulnera Sanentur. Vulnera Sanentur."

"Don't tell Avalon." Draco whimpered once he regained conciousness. 

"What?" Severus countered. 

"I dont want her to worry." Draco begged. 

"Draco."

"Please, shes like a mum to me." Draco whimpered. "I dont want her to worry, I dont want her to hate me."

"She could never hate you. Her heart is not capable of hate." Severus corrected. "Not for you at least. Just rest." Severus instructed. "And if you think I can keep something like this from Avalon you might have head trauma." 

"DRACO!" Avalon shouted. "What happened?" Draco woke up not in his bed but in Avalon and Severus chambers, Amelia smiled down at him. "Severus said you were hurt... your shirt is all bloody but... you dont have a scratch on you." 

"I... I was painting." Draco corrected. "I... fell."

"What?" Avalon countered. 

"I'm sorry if I scared you, I must have hit my head." 

"You were painting?" Avalon countered in disbelief. 

"Yeah..." Draco whispered. Avalon sat beside him and he put his head in her lap. She stroked his white hair and he closed his eyes. 

"I dont believe you but since you want me to believe you, I can pretend and you just tell me when you are ready."