51. Ultrasound

Delicate / Jaime Lannister out now!

Avalon shivered as the ultrasound gel hit her stomach. She grabbed severus hand as the probe touched her stomach gliding around.

"Theres a heartbeat and... oh looky here!" The ultrasound tech declared.

"What?" Severus demanded holding tight to avalons hand as they looked at the ultrasound screen. 

"We dont want to know if its a boy or girl. We want to be surprised." Avalon added quickly.

"You are having twins. Congratulations!"

"Twins." Severus repeated. Avalon beamed back at him

"I need to know now. I changed my mind. Thats alright right sevy?" He nodded.  "Okay tell me. Boys or girls?

"One of each dear girl," the nurse answered. "A little boy and a little girl. Would you like a picture?"

Avalon stared down at her moving ultrasound for what felt like an hour. Her twins. Beautiful and perfect.

The summer flew by too fast. Before they knew it the twins would be here.

"I had to see you off, didn't I?" Sirius remarked when he shifted back into a man. "What's life without a little risk?"

"I don't wanna see you get chucked back in Azkaban." Harry countered.

"Oh, don't worry about me. Anyway, I wanted you to have this. Original Order of the Phoenix." Sirius held out a picture. "Marlene McKinnon." He pointed out. "She was killed two weeks after this was taken. Voldemort wiped out her entire family. Frank and Alice Longbottom."

"Neville's parents." Harry realized.

"They suffered a fate worse than death, you ask me." Sirius agreed. "It's been 14 years. And still a day doesn't go by I don't miss your dad."

"Do you really think there's going to be a war, Sirius?" Harry questioned.

"It feels like it did before. You keep it." Sirius added smiling down at the picture. "Anyway, I suppose you're the young ones now. I'll see you at the train."

"Will I ride the train one day?" Amelia questioned. 'With the big kids?"

"When you are a big kid." Severus agreed.

"I'm four now." Amelia reminded him.

"Yes." Severus agreed. "WHen you get your letter when you turn eleven, do you know how many years from now that is?"

"Like forever." Amelia decided. 

"A little less than forever." Avalon corrected smiling down at Amelia's hand in her own. 

"Okay..." Amelia agreed. "six years?"

"That really doesnt seem like that long." Avalon agreed in a panic. "Eleven is really too young-"

"Am I right?" Amelia questioned. "Four, five, six, seven," she counted on her fingers. "Seven years... or eight depending on... well I still have to go through all of this year before I turn five." 

"Eight years that sounds better." Avalon agreed. "Math was no my specialty I thought she was right for a moment." 

"Come on, lets head in." Severus suggested. "The children will be arriving in the great hall in no time." 

"Severus?"

"Yes avalon?"

"Whats pulling the carriages?" Avalon stared as the carriages carrying the students in from the train was seemingly pulled by nothing

"Threstrals." Severus told her

"Oh. Why cant i see them? Can you see them?"

"Yes i can"