40. Jealousy

Amelia was getting ready for the ball. Avalon smiled fixing the cats bow ties for a family photo once they were all dressed up. Severus tied his shoes glancing back at Avalon. She had her lacy purple bra on, matching panties and was securing her necklace and bracelets.

"You will need to put a dress on." Severus remarked. "Unless you are planning on skipping this yule ball."

"Nonsense." Avalon corrected. "I just seem to always spill something and I dont want to have to clean my dress. I will put it on right before we are ready." Severus nodded watching her move around the room.

"I like this look." Severus assured wrapping his hands around her hips.

They were finally ready and heading down. Amelia thought this was just about the best thing ever. She was running around between the students as they started to dance and sing, drinking their pumpkin juice and twirling around to the music.

"Shes going to like school when she starts one day." Avalon realized.

"Shes a smart cookie." Severus agreed.

"Here you are Potter. Are you and Miss Patil ready?" Minerva questioned.

"Ready professor?" Harry questioned confused.

"To dance. It's traditional that the three champions or in this case four are the first to dance. Surely I told you that." She answered innocently.

"No." harry deadpanned.

"Oh well now you know. Oh, as for your Mr Weasly you may proceed into the great hall with Miss Patil." She added as Hermione entered the room all dressed up.

"Oh Draco you look so handsome." Avalon remarked when he came up to her.

"Thank you Ms Avalon. You look beautiful." Draco answered. "You too Amelia."

"Thank you." Amelia attempted a curtsy.

"She looks beautiful." Parvati declared. Harry stared back at Hermione.

    "Yeah she does." Harry agreed. Hermione walked down the stairs. Viktor Krum took her hand and they walked together.

"Is that Hermione Granger? With Viktor Krum??" Padma questioned Ron.

"No. Absolutely not." Ron scoffed. Loud music played as the champions head to the dancefloor with their partners.

"Oh this is so cute." Avalon whispered. "I remember my dances, not this formal. But this is better for us to dance." Avalon leaned into Severus, he kissed along her neck.

"Harry. Take my waist." Parvati demanded.

"What?" He countered distracted.

"Now." She demanded.

"I think Amelia has a little crush on Draco.'" Avalon whispered as Amelia danced around with the slytherin boys and a few girls that surely wanted to get in closer with draco.

"He's ten years older than her." Severus corrected.

"He's too old I know but she adores him." Avalon remarked. "Just look at them. Oh I wanted to say hello to harry."

"Thank you again Ms Avalon." Harry remarked as she approached. She touched his suit jacket.

"Fits you perfect I'm glad." Avalon knew that Harry wouldnt have such a thing and wanted to make sure he didnt feel left out, he was a champion after all. "Did you happen to figure out the next clue?"

"Um..." Harrys lips twisted.

"I'm sure you will in no time." Avalon assured.

"You wouldnt happen to know what the challenge is?" Harry whispered.

"No, I dont I'm sorry, honey."

" Hot isn't it? Viktor's gone to get drinks." Hermione remarked. "Care to join us?"

"No, we'd NOT care to join you and Viktor." Ron sassed.

"What's got your wand in a knot?" Hermione questioned. Avalon glanced back at them.

  "He's a Durmstrang. You're fraternizing with the enemy."

   "The enemy?? Who was it wanting his autograph? Besides, the whole point of the tournament is international magical cooperation, to make friends."

"Hrmph, I think he's got a bit more than friendship on his mind." Ron sniggered. Hermione stalked off, Avalon chased after her.

"Hermione you look beautiful tonight and Viktor is lucky to have you." Avalon assured.

"Why are boys so stupid?" Hermione demanded.

"Boys in my history act like that when they have a crush and dont know how to express it." Avalon offered.

"You think Ronald likes me?" Hermione questioned her tone said she was disgusted but her eyes said another.

"I think he is jealous that you are here with someone else."

"He could have asked me." Hermione mumbled.

"Like you said, boys are stupid." Avalon assured. "Have a fun night, try not to worry about them." She suggested.

"Are you going to ask me to dance or not?" Padma demanded. Ron looked her over.

"No." He answered.

The night was coming to an end and Amelia was about to crash. She clung to Severus as he kissed her temple leading her down the great hall away from the last final songs.

"He's using you." Ron said later to hermione.

    "How dare you! Besides I can take care of myself." Hermione shrieked.

"Doubt it. He's way too old." Ron corrected.

"Oh boys at that age really dont know how to talk to women." Avalon tsked.

"Boys at any age." Severus corrected.

"What were your dances like?"

"This was my favorite." Severus corrected. "It blocked out all other failed dances. This is what I will remember." He kissed her and her concerns for the students faded, they could handle themselves.

"You know the solution then don't you."

"Go on." Ron shouted.

"Next time there's a ball pluck up the courage and ask me before somebody else does, and not as a last resort." Hermione demanded furiously.

"Well that's completely off the point." Ron murmured. Hermione practically growled back at them. Avalon pushed open the doors as Amelia yawned out.

"They get scary when they get older." Ron whispered.

  "Ron you spoil everything!" Hermione whined.