3. We Need a Cat

Wildflowers / Gregor Clegane out now!

''When do the children come?" Avalon questioned as they headed back from Albus office. "On the magical train... with magical no muggles allowed entrance..." Avalon pondered, severus smiled down at avalon. "From london to scottland..."

"You're adorable you know that?" Severus told her as she froze on the stairs as they moved again.

"How do you get anywhere?" Avalon declared. "I mean the stairs! Sevy the stairs!"

"We could jump." severus teased

"Jump?!" Avalon countered staring down, with a nervous breath.

"Its a long drop but its quicker-" severus saw avalons face contort "-and im joking love." Severus assured her. "You find ways around everything. Takes time and practice but I'm right here for you." He informed her.

''How often do the stairs move?''

''I've never timed them it seems random at times and other times it seems like they do it on purpose to make me late." Severus informed her.

"You are making it seem as though the stairs have a mind of their own." Avalon said nervously. Severus just smiled leading her down into the dungeons. "They dont right? Sevy stop smiling!" Avalon begged as he kissed her cheek.

"Here we are." He countered pushing open the door to their chambers. She was surprised but she shouldnt have been that everything was already unpacked and hung in the wardrobe or dressers. Books on the bookshelf, her favorite mug front and center in the cabinet.

"The children arrive tomorrow night to answer your previous question before you got distracted." Severus teased closing the door behind them.

"I'm already in love with this place." Avalon remarked. "And terrified at the same time..." Severus couldnt hide his smile as he kissed her cheek hugging her back to him.

"You my Avalon are too good for this world." Severus whispered against her.

"Severus this is going to be so much fun!" Avalon declared. "What sort of animals will I be working with again? Oh, we need a cat! Would that not be just perfect a witch and a cat."

"Wizard." He corrected gently.

"I knew that." Avalon agreed. "Oh a little black cat wouldnt that be cute! Lets get a cat! I used to have cats galore my friends thought I was one cat from crazy cat lady until I met you."

"Minerva turns into a cat." Severus remarked calmly and avalons jaw dropped.

"What?" She squealed. "Magic sevy magic! Can all wizards turn into cats?"

"No." Severus corrected. 

"Can you turn into something?" Avalon pondered. 

"I love your excitement." Severus declared. 

+

"I got you something." Severus held out a book for her. "For your assisting this year." Avalon took it carefully from him. 

"Fantastic beasts and where to find them by Newt scamander." Avalon read aloud. She flipped through reading out some of the creatures before coming to a unicorn at the back of the book. "Are all of these real?" Avalon questioned

"Yes that and many more. I got you a newer copy when i was in diagon alley so it has been updated." Severus assured her.

"Why didnt you tell me unicorns were real? I used to want a unicorn my mother told me they werent real so i asked for a baby dragon instead she told me those werent real- are dragons real too?" Avalon questioned excitedly.

"Yes. But i wouldn't recommend them as a pet" Severus countered as she leaned into him on the couch.

"I cant tell if you are joking." avalon remarked letting the book fall to her lap.

"Not joking love. Dragons are dangerous beasts." Severus informed her.

"Shut up!" Avalon declared, she started reading immediately but severus pulled the book from her.

"I think i need to welcome you to hogwarts properly." severus told her bringing a hand to her chin, tilting her face up to his.

"Oh yes that sounds better than reading." Avalon agreed wrapping her arms around him.