76. Sanctuary

Severus became head master at Hogwarts. Avalon turned their new camber into a sanctuary.

'you don't think he is going to be foolish enough to go back to school do you?' Avalon questioned. "Knowing that the dark lord is looking for him, it would be the first place he would look surely, thinking you would rat him out."

"He will have death eaters on the train checking either way." Severus countered.

"And Draco?"

"I dont know if he will be back." Severus countered.

The Hogwarts express was stopped on the way to Hogwarts death eater boarded searching for harry. he just got on looking for Harry but they couldn't find him. He wasn't stupid enough to take the train back to school to show his face somewhere so public.

Harry's face was plastered on every newspaper saying he was the undesirable number one to be on the lookout. They were not going to give up. They were too damn close to stop now. they could feel victory, they could taste it.

'As your new minister of magic I promise to restore this institute to its former glory. Beginning today each employee will submit themselves for evaluation. But notice you have nothing to fear if you have nothing to hide.' He said as a few death eaters dragged a ministry worker forward. Dolores squealed happily.

The sorting ceremony was filled with life but there were less students than before. Less returning students and less first years. It was understandable.

The slytherins walked the halls like they owned it. Minera couldnt stand to look at severus or avalon after what happened. Avalon felt like she was going to cry or scream. Minera was her friend but now she was treating them like they were the enemy.

Emmalina gurgled out words as she had a conversation with harwin, Amelia narrowed her eyes back at them as Avalon made them supper. 

"Mama what are they saying?" Amelia questioned. Avalon listening trying to decipher. 

"I... dont know." Avalon admitted. "They are just talking I suppose." Emmalina tipped over giggling out but when she landed on her back with a little thud her laughter died on her lips and a wail covered her little precious face. Harwin crawled to her kissing her head. 

"Bettah?" Harwin questioned. He offered Emmalina a hand and he tried with much difficulty to held her sit up. SHe grumbled and groaned before rolling over and propping herself up. 

"Bettah." She agreed before she was laughing again. 

Avalon was glad that they were so little, they didnt understand what was going on. Amelia on the other hand understood the dangers around them to a certain extent. 

Severus came up and the spiral door shifted, Avalon knew that only severus could get up but still she tensed until she saw his tired face. He forced a smile but it was sad. 

"Severus honey... You don't have to smile so sad. or Laugh when you're feeling bad. I promise I won't think less of you." Avalon assured. "You don't have to dance so blue, You don't have to say "I do" When honey you don't. I know you don't. You dont have to try to ease my mind by faking happiness... So tell me the truth..."

"I hate this." Severus admitted hugging her tightly. "I'm so sorry, I did this to us. I dont know how to fix this." He begged. "I'm sorry baby, I wish I could... I wish I could."  he offered. Avalon nodded into him, rubbing circles around his back he cried into her as the water bubbled over and the timer dinged. 

"I love you so much." Avalon whispered against his lips. "We will figure this out. I promise. Its okay to break down and cry, I do it during the kids nap times." She admitted. Severus wiped his tears on his sleeve. "It's not always going to be like this."