69. Luck

"Remember ...Slughorn usually eats early... takes a walk, and then returns to his office." Hermione reminded him.

"Right. I'm going down to Hagrid's." Harry countered.

"What?" Hermione countered. "No, Harry, you've got to go and speak to Slughorn. We have a plan."

" I know..." He agreed. "but I've got a good feeling about Hagrid's. I feel it's the place to be tonight." Harry looked at them. "Do you know what I mean?"

"No."

"Well, trust me, I know what I'm doing. Or Felix does."

"I'm really sorry hagrid but I hate spiders." Avalon admitted. "And thats the largest spider in the world. You want to burn him?"

"What?" Hagrid sobbed out. 

"Or bury him?"

"OHHH!" Hagrid sobbed out. Avalon pat his arm awkwardly. 

Harry had his liquid luck. He did find professor slughorn in the greenhouse but didnt seem too interested in SLughorn, before heading to hagrids. When he found hagrid he was sobbing out.

'He was my eldest friend.' hagrid told Harry. 'They are misunderstood creatures.''

''And the pinchers' harry noted acting strangely. Avalon stared back at harry confused. 

"You alright Harry?" 

"I'm great." Harry agreed hugging her. Avalon ran a hand through his hair. 

"Thats good to hear honey." Avalon agreed. 

"You are really the best. I would quite like if you were my mother but I dont like your husband." Harry added. Avalon choked out a laugh. 

"Yes thats the consensus from the students." Avalon agreed. "Are you feeling alright Harry? You are acting a bit funny."

"I feel great." Harry repeated. 

''I dont mean to be insensitive but could i extract some venom... for research purposes.' Slughorn asked

''I suppose its not doing him any good now.' 

"I'm going to go, I dont want to be around for that." Avalon countered. "Harry, come find me later if you are up for it." 

"Okay." Harry agreed completely chipper. 

"Harry was acting strangely." Avalon remarked. "You think he's been poisoned?" 

"What?" Severus questioned getting up. 

"He was... like slap happy. No not slap happy. But... like... I dont know how to explain it he was just... acting strangely. So happy. It was a spider funeral and he had this everything is going to be okay look on his face." 

"I dont think he was poisoned." Severus countered taking a seat. 

"No?"

"No." Severus agreed. "You know he has my book."

"What?"

"My old potions book, I didnt realize I left is in the cupboard." Severus added. 

"I am the Chosen One." Harry agreed. "Only I can destroy him, but in order to do so... I need to know what Tom Riddle asked you years ago in your office... and I need to know what you told him." Harry remarked. Horace shook his head. "Be brave, professor. Be brave like my mother. Otherwise, you disgrace her. Otherwise, she died for nothing. Otherwise, the bowl will remain empty forever." Harry begged, Horace gave in.

"Please, don't think badly of me when you see it. You've no idea what he was like, even then."

"Liquid luck, thats impressive but it sounds dangerous." 

"It is." Severus agreed. "And hard to make." he added. 

"Why do you think he needs luck today?" 

"ALbus." Severus answered. 

"What about him?"

"Albus has the child doing missions for him." Severus grumbled getting up. "I have to speak with Albus. Please stay put we will watch a film when I return how about?"

"Okay." Avalon agreed. 

+

''Have you ever considered that you asked too much! You take too much for granted! Has that ever crossed your brilliant mind? That I do not want to do this anymore!'' severus questioned incredulously as he marched the astronomy tower. 

''I will not negotiate with you Severus. There's nothing more to discuss.'' Albus told him. Severus spun around exiting the astronomy tower quickly he passed Harry as he went.

"What was that about?" Harry questioned. 

"Dont worry about severus."

"I dont trust him." Harry countered. 

"I do. He will do what needs to be done."

+

Bellatrix and the others waited impatiently for draco to open the wardrobe at Borgin and burkes.

Draco got out of his common room making his way to the wardrobe it was time to let them all in. It opened slowly and wisps black smoke came flooding out Bellatrix and the other death eaters arrived at Hogwarts. And it was just in time because Harry had gotten back from his special mission with Dumbledore.

'Severus is the one you need, Harry speak to no one else. Go get Severus. Severus, Harry.' Dumbledore said out of breath. Harry went to leave, confused and disoriented when he heard people coming.

'Harry keep yourself hidden no one must see or hear you. Do you hear me?' albus questioned softly. 'Do as I say. Trust me.' Dumbledore requested trust me and Harry ran.

"Something bad is happening." Avalon realized. 

"We are going to postpone movie night." Severus agreed. Avalon nodded, shifting on the couch. "Hey sweetie, did we wake you?"  severus moved to Amelia as she rubbed at her eyes. She yawned out. 

"We snuggle?" Amelia questioned reaching out for severus. Severus saw the black whisps flitting around outside and Avalon saw him tense.

"We snuggle." Avalon countered picking her up. "Daddy has something he needs to do." Severus nodded, unfortunately. "Kiss daddy night." 

"Night daddy," Amelia yawned again as she tipped into Avalon. 

"Be careful." Avalon begged kissing severus cheek and holding him close. "I love you."

"I love you." He echoed. "I will return to you. I promise."