17. Negative

"Sevy, its movie night!" Avalon declared. "Where are you off to?"

"Oh im sorry my love." Severus stroked her cheek. "I am on patrol tonight."

"You think Sirius black os wandering the halls?" Avalon questioned. "Its been moons." Severus shrugged.

"Its my turn to patrol." Severus reminded her. "Until that miscrant is caught we must stay diligent."

"I know I know," avalon assured. "I suppose i will watch a movie in your sweater instead." Severus chuckled as she hugged him. "Be careful Sevy."

"Potter what are you doing wandering the corridors at night?'

'I was sleepwalking'' harry said unconvincingly.

'Extraordinarily like your father stupid and arrogant strutting around the castle.'

'My dad did not strut.' Harry told him.

Avalon jumped turning off the television. Maybe no scary movies without severus to protect her. She flipped through the channels before settling on a show called the good witch. She chuckled at the title.

'I do not strut either, if you don't mind-' harry tried to push through.

'Turn out your pockets.' Severus demanded Harry didn't move 'turn out your pockets.' Severus demanded he handed over the parchment.

'What is this?' severus asked cautiously.

'A spare bit of parchment.' Harry told him.

'That's so? Open it.' Severus demanded. Harry opened it up.

Avalon ran to the bathroom. She didnt want to give severus false hope. But they were both excited about becoming parents. She could tell. She had a bought a few normal non magical tests and did the deed. She paced anxiously as she waited for the results.

'Reveal your secrets.' Severus said pointing his wand to the parchment.  'Read it.' Severus demanded

'Mooney worm tail pad foot and prongs offer their compliments to Professor Snape...' harry began.

'Go on.' Severus told him sternly.

'And request that Professor Snape keep his obnoxiously large nose out of other peoples business.' Harry finished

'You insolent little-'

'Professor.' Remus warm coming up behind them severus spun around.

Avalons timer dinged and she lifted the test. Her smile fell. They needed a cat. Maybe it wasnt the right time with a murderer on the loose... but severus had seemed so excited. Like the thought didnt cross his mind that sirius black might be an issue. It was foolish though. The world wasnt safe. Now wasnt the time for a baby anyways.

'Remus, are you out for a little walk in the moonlight are we?' severus sneered.

'Harry you all right?' remus questioned instead.

'He has this, I have just confiscated a very mysterious bit of contraband.' Severus snatched it away from Harry handing it to Remus 'this is supposed to be your area of expertise clearly it is full of dark magic.'

''It looks like a bit of fun.' Remus mused. "it's a parchment design to insult whoever reads it I suspect ZONKOS product.' Remus offered. Severus tried to take it back 'nevertheless,' Remus said pulling it away from his grasp 'I shall take it to assess after all you said it is my expertise. Harry you want to come with me? Professor Snape... good night." He added.

Severus found Avalon staring at her computer screen. The animal shelter was pulled up.

"Its a bit late for cat shopping." Severus remarked and she jumped slamming her laptop shut.

"Sevy! You scared me!" Avalon declared.

"Cats? What happened to trying for a baby?"

"We can get a kitten." Avalon corrected. Severus nodded sensing more and he didnt need to slip into her mind. He went to the bathroom that night and saw the negative tests. He held onto her that night and she snuggled up into him.

"We will go to the shelter tomorrow." Severus suggested. "Its long overdue."

Avalon smiled picking up a little black kitten. He purred and purred rubbing up against her.

"What do you think Sevy?"

"If you love him. I love him." Severus agreed reaching out to stroke the cats fur. He purred happily into them. Avalon smiled as severus wrapped his arms around her.

"We will take this one." Avalon decided.

"Oh wonderful! Family photo!" The woman declared snapping a picture. Avalon loved magical pictures. Severus smiled before kissing her cheek. The image replayed itself over and over again. Smile and kiss. Kiss and smile. The kitten purred in avalons arms.

"Does the little guy have a name?"

"Oh we have just been calling him Blackie. Not very original I know."

"We will have to change that." Avalon assured as severus tensed.

They bought food and a litter box and a plethora of toys for their new baby. Avalon hung the photo up it was crooked but she loved it. Severus straightened it out on the hook while avalon kitten proofed their chambers.

The kitten was a dare devil. Long gone was the purring innocent little bundle as he raced around their chambers. He zoomed like lightning streaking through the sky. Avalon laughed out as he climbed up her back to her shoulder. She missed cats and dogs. Working on magical creatures was certainly something extraordinary but cats were always her favorite.

"What do you think of Flash?"