26. Malfoy Manor

"The Malfoy manor." Severus drawled.

"Sounds fancy!" Avalon agreed as she got dressed.

"Lucius, you see... hes my eldest friend but we... have a different sort of friendship." Severus remarked.

"How so?" Avalon questioned when Anelia ran in, in her green sparkly dress. "Oh honey you look beautiful!" Avalon declared as Amelia spun around.

"Stay close when we get there, no wandering off." Severus requested.

"Is it a big house?" Amelia questioned.

"The biggest." Severus agreed.

Lucius Malfoy had invited them for supper at his home. Draco was excited. He liked Avalon. Thought she was sweet always said hi to him in the hallway and always fixed the collar of his shirt when it was out of whack but she didnt know anything about magic at least she didnt when she started. Muggles were supposed to be a no no but she wasnt a mud blood. She was just a muggle.

Avalon felt strange popping into Dracos yard so they walked up the long path

Avalon felt strange popping into Dracos yard so they walked up the long path. It was a beautiful mansion. The house elves were working in the garden as the sun went down.

"You look exquisite." Severus remarked as Amelia skipped ahead of them. Avalon smiled grabbing his hand.

"My handsome husband." She answered kissing his cheek. "We can't stay forever, Amelia has a bedtime, that can be a code if you want to leave." She remarked.

"If you feel uncomfortable at all you let me know." Severus added.

"I'm sure I will be fine, Draco is sweet to me, not really anyone else but he is sweet." Avalon assured. Severus chuckled. "He is a bright young boy, I know you like him."

"I do." Severus agreed. 'Come on love."

"Ding dong!" Amelia declared as they bell rang out.

"Hello, I'm Dobby please allow me to take your coats." The house elf remarked.

"AWW!" Amelia declared. "He's so cute and little!" Dobby blushed as Amelia hugged him. "Can I have a little friend like dobby?"

"You have two kitties." Severus corrected.

"Oh right, silly me." Amelia agreed.

"Please come in, supper is almost ready." Dobby added.

Avalon scooped up Amelia as she awed over everything, it was grandiose in here.

"Severus," Lucius declared. "And you must be Avalon," He added after a firm handshake with Severus. "Pleasure to meet you."

Avalon resisted the urge to tell him they met and he was calling her an idiot, well hagrid but she supposed that was a stressful day for him.

"Nice to meet you." Avalon agreed. "This is our daughter Amelia."

"Well severus you made quick work." Lucius remarked.

"We adopted her not too long ago." Severus informed him.

"Ah another muggle for the muggle." Lucius agreed as draco came in.

"She's a witch actually, thats why Albus suggested us to adopt her." Avalon corrected. "She is such a little blessing, hello Draco."

"Hi Ms Avalon." Draco added.

"have you had a good summer?" Avalon questioned.

"I have been flying a lot. I'm going to be captain in no time but I will catching the snitch again this year." Draco informed her.

"Then I will be rooting for you." Avalon agreed. Lucius watched Avalon curiously before instructing them all to take a seat. Wine was served and food appeared before them.

"Sorry, my wife, Narcissa couldnt be here." Lucius remarked. "She did want to meet you."

"Another time." Avalon suggested. Draco motioned his hands to indicate a drink or many that his mother had consumed along with quite a few pills lucius suspected. She was passed out upstairs.

"Are you excited to be going back to school next month?" Avalon questioned.

"Is that oaf still teaching care of magical creatures?" Lucius questioned.

"Im not aware. But avalon will be assisting again." Severus added. Draco smiled back at her.

"I hope I did alright this year. I have been studying a lot draco." Avalon remarked. Draco nodded leaning towards her. "I hope you will be impressed with me this year."

"You are the best Ms Avalon." Draco assured.

"Well thank you sweetie." Avalon answered. "Lucius, your son is so smart. He is in the top of severus class." Draco smiled proudly back at his father but lucius didnt seem impressed.

"I do magic too." Amelia remarked as she stabbed into her food. "I want to be in the green house one day." Severus smiled down at her. His perfect little Amelia would probably be ravenclaw. "Like daddy." Severus smiled fixing Amelia's napkin in her lap before turning back to his own food. Lucius always wanted more children but it wasnt in the cards for them, he stared back at little Amelia. She giggled as Avalon helped her cut her food. 

"We have house elves for that." Lucius remarked. "DOBBY!"

"Oh its alright, i'm sure little Dobby has more important things to do, I cut her food all the time." Avalon assured. 

"I'm Dobby." He said, the nervous little fella that he was looked around waiting for a command. 

"Be gone." Lucius grumbled and he was gone just like that. 

"He's cute, I have to admit the first time I saw a house elf at hogwarts I was confused but they are so helpful and such hard workers." Avalon remarked. 

"They are servants, my dear." Lucius countered. 

"Right but... they dont have to be.'' Avalon countered. Lucius chuckled. 

"Ms Avalon, can I show you my room?" Draco cut in. 

"Oh I would love that." Avalon agreed. "Leave you boys to talk." Avalon added kissing Severus head as Amelia jumped up following Draco. 

"here we are!" Draco declared pushing open the door. Avalon didnt know why she was surprised since they were in a mansion but Dracos personal chambers were bigger than her first ever apartment.  Hell bigger than their chambers at Hogwarts probably. 

"Wow, your room is so clean." Avalon remarked. "And organized." 

"Dobby cleans it." Draco agreed. "What do you think? These are my comics and there are my favorite quidditch players." he showed her the posters. 

"Wow, signed posters, thats cool." Avalon agreed. 

"We went to the tourney, got the team to sign a bunch of stuff." Draco agreed. "Did professor Snape tell you what this year is?"

"No what?" Avalon questioned. 

"I'm not actually supposed to know," Draco admitted. "But my father works in the ministry doing something mysterious, I dont know but they are bringing back the tri wizard tournament." 

"Whats that?" Avalon questioned. "Like a triathlon? My aunt did one of those." 

"Thats a muggle thing, this is tri wizard tournament Ms Avalon." Draco corrected. 

"Are you going to enter?" 

"I hope so but they probably have an age limit." Draco remarked. "Or else I would totally win." 

"Totally."  Amelia agreed. "Is there dessert?"