65. Excuse Me For Caring

"Oh, Severus. What do you think?" Minerva questioned.

"I think Miss Bell is lucky to be alive." Severus answered. Avalon looked nervously to the girl seemingly sleeping in the med bay.

"She was cursed, wasn't she?" Avalon realized.

"I know Katie. Off the pitch, she wouldn't hurt a fly. If she was delivering that to Dumbledore, she wasn't doing it knowingly. Yes, she was cursed."

"It was Malfoy." Harry shouted.

"That is a very serious accusation, Potter." Severus corrected.

"Indeed."

"Your evidence?" Severus questioned.

"I just know." Harry said less confidently.

"You just... know." Severus drawled. "You astonish with your gifts, Potter. Gifts mere mortals can only dream of possessing." Severus took a step forward. "How grand it must be to be the Chosen One. I suggest you go back to your dormitories. All of you."

"Draco honey whats wrong? Are you worried about Katie? They assured me she is going to live." Avalon assured.

"I dont really know her." Draco corrected.

"Still... must be scary. Someone attacked..." she clarified. "If you... if you... want someone to talk to-"

"I dont need a babysitter." Draco corrected. Avalon took a step back at his harsh tone.

"I know that." Avalon assured her tone more commanding than light hearted a moment ago. "You just havent been yourself this term and I want you to know that I care about you." Avalon demanded her lips pursed as she stared back at him. "Okay? Is that okay that I worry about you and your well being?" Draco saw true concern on her face. "When severus said a child was hurt in the med bay I was a mess. Thought the worst. They didnt tell me who it was and although any child injured on hogwarts watch is unacceptable I worried as we walked down there what if its my Draco."

"My-" My Draco, he thought with wide eyes and a heavy heart.

"So excuse me for caring but im going to keep caring about you draco." Avalon demanded hugging him tightly before she turned on her heel marching off.

"Thank you." Draco called after her. She didnt turn back but a smile pulled at her lips.
🪄

Severus easily fell into his new position while Avalon was adjusting less so to mothering three while Severus was hard at work, she didnt have time to go to care of magical creatures, not that she was all that useful, but she was given the assignments to grade, which she did during nap times. 

"Bipity bopity bo!" Amelia declared waving her hand around. Severus peered in at her and the twins.

While they had adjusted to the castle again they were no longer sleeping through the night. Harwin would wake up screaming then in return wake up Emmalina. Emmalina would wail out and no one would get any sleep except for Amelia. Severus charmed her room at night to keep her from hearing their screams. Avalon and severus however got up quickly rushing to the childrens side trying to soothe them before they woke the rest of the castle.

Slytherin dorms could sometimes hear them so sleep training was hard. If they let the twins cry out Avalon wanted to cry because her babies needed her. If they let them self soothe the slytherins would come banging on the door shouting to keep down the rubbish cries. That woke Amelia up a few times and severus was not happy about that one bit.

"They were doing so good." Avalon whined. "What happened?"

"I dont know." Severus murmured. "I could give them a sleeping draft-"

"Severus they are babies." Avalon corrected. But after another week she had to admit she considered it. 

+

"See that girl over there? That's Romilda Vane. Apparently she's trying to smuggle you a love potion."

"Really?" Harry questioned.

"Hey! She's only interested in you because she thinks you're the Chosen One".

"But I am the Chosen One." Harry mused, ron hit him. "Okay, sorry. Um, kidding. I'll ask someone I like. Someone cool."

"You can't ask a professor." Ron corrected. 

"I wasnt going to." 

"You were going to ask Ms. Avalon." Ron corrected. "And you know Snape would kill you." 

"True enough." Harry agreed.