59. Padfoot

"You have been summoned?" Avalon questioned. "What for?"  Severus sighed moseying about his potions classroom. "Severus? Whats going on?"

"I'm... pretending to make a potion or look for a potion I dont have the ingredients after the last time." Severus remarked. "But I'm not one to be summoned." he added. 

"Amelia and the twins are sitting in front of the Tellie." Avalon remarked. "You want to tell me whats going on?"

"The end is near, I can feel it."

"The end of what?" Avalon questioned. 

"Umbridge rule at Hogwarts." Severus answered hopefully. 

"That would be great! WHy are you not more excited?"

"Because..." he shifted his sleeve and his dark mark burned. 

"Is she a death eater?" 

"Shes not an order of the Pheonix." Severus countered. "Shes... there is no black and white here, not really at least. Not to the dark lord, He thinks he is right. ALbus knows he is right. The minister thinks he is invincible. They all think they can win and hold power."

"But Albus... is right, right?" Avalon questioned. 

"I hope so." Severus agreed. "But... its going to be messy before it gets better." 

"It's already messy." Avalon countered. 

"I have to go to Umbridge. Before she comes marching down here." severus realized. Avalon held his hand. 

"I will come with you." 

'Alert the order if you can.' Harry told his friends

'Are you mental? We're in this together!' Hermione told him.

'That. You. Are.' Dolores demanded marching into her office.

'I found this boy trying to help the Weasley girl' Draco said pushing Neville into her office.

'You were going to Dumbledore won't you?' Dolores demanded of harry

'No.' harry told her defiantly. Dolores slapped him across the face.

'You were going to Dumbledore weren't you?' Dolores demanded.

'No' he said again she slapped him again.

'Pardon the interruption head mistress' Severus said, Avalon pulled Harry back. 

"What is the matter with you!" Avalon demanded touching Harrys cheek gingerly. "Oh honey," Harry looked up at her not with a pitiful gaze but with determination. 

''come in Snape and Snape... yes. The time has come for answers whether he wants to give them to me or not. Have Your brought the Veritaserum? Well have you?' She asked him urgently.

'No.' severus answered.

"Thats the truth potion why would you want that?" Avalon questioned. 

''No?' Dolores questioned incredulously.

''I am afraid I have used up all my supplies the last time you were interrogating students. Unless you wish to poison him and I assure you I would have the greatest sympathy if you do I cannot help you.' Severus told her.

'Severus!' Avalon shouted back at him.

'Come Avalon,' severus grabbed at her arm. "We have to go."

''It's padfoot,' harry cried out as severus began to leave. Avalon stared back at him confused.  ''he's got pad foot at the place where it's hidden.' Harry told them. Padfoot, Avalon mouthed trying to place the name, confusion filled her. She looked to Severus but his face was a void. "Avalon... please."

''Pad foot, pad foot? what is pad foot? what is he talking about? what is he talking about Snape? Snape?' Dolores questioned. Serverus turned back to Harry.

''No idea,' he said before leaving, dragging Avalon out with him.

'very well,' Dolores said softly. 'You did this Potter and this is an interest of ministry policy so you leave me with no choice, no alternative.' she told them 'the cruciatus curse auto loosen your tongue.'

'That's illegal!' Hermione declared.

"Severus!" Avalon demanded. "Whats going on? We can't leave Harry back there with that lunatic!" 

"Avalon I dont have time to argue with you I need to contact the order." Severus corrected. 

"YOU- Oh." She nodded following him quickly. 

'What Cornelious doesn't know won't hurt him.' Dolores and putting down the picture of her beloved Cornelius. Dolores rose her wand opening her mouth but Hermione screamed out

'Harry tell her! Tell her!' Hermione shouted. Avalon heard the screams and hesitated in the hallway. 

"Avalon." Severus demanded. "Get back to the chambers, check on the children. Stay there lock the door until I return." 

"Sev-"

"I can't argue with you right now my love." Severus remarked as they walked. 

''Tell me what?' Dolores asked still threatening Harry

'If you won't tell her where it is, I will.' Hermione declared. Harry looked at her quizzically.

'Where what is?' She snapped

'Dumbledores secret weapon.' Hermione told her.

"Where is daddy?" Amelia questioned. 

"He has some work to do." Avalon answered. 

"It's so late though, the children have a curfew." Amelia corrected. 

"They do but..." they are not listening to said curfew. "Daddy has some special work to do. Can you help me read Harwin and Emmalina a bed time story?" 

"Yes!" Amelia agreed jumping up and running to her picture books. Avalon looked at the dragon toy from draco on Amelia's bed and chuckled. "It was for me right?" Amelia countered innocently. "They can't have toys in their cribs yet.... soo it only seems right that it was for me." 

"Pick out that book honey." Avalon countered smiling back at the dragon next to Barry the bear.