73. Muggle Studies

History of Man / Laenor Velaryon out now!! 

'These are dark times there are no denying it our world has perhaps faced no greater threat then it has today but I say this to our citizens we are your servants will continue to defend your liberty and repel the forces that seek to take it from you. Your ministry remains strong.' Cameras flashed as the minister gave his speech it was a bunch of bullshit, the minster didn't know anything. the ministry was filled with a bunch of people way out their league. THey couldnt stop this, Avalon was sure of it. THey had no control, just like muggle government, they were all being controlled.

Avalon hated when Severus went to death eater meetings but he had appearances to keep up. He was a loyal and devout follower, he killed Albus Dumbledore, the dark lord trusted him more and more.

The Death eaters meeting had started and severus was late. He had been with Avalon and hated to leave her, Voldemort glanced his way as he came in silently. There was a woman dangling behind the table Severus froze when he saw her.

''I was beginning to wonder if you had Lost Your Way,' Voldemort said 'come we have saved you a seat...' Severus nodded moving to the chair. ''You bring good news I trust?' Voldemort asked calmly

'It'll happen the Saturday of next at nightfall,' severus told him calmly

'I've heard differently, the auror has let it slipped that the Potter boy will not be moved until the 30th of this month the day before he turns 16.''

''This is a false Trail,' Severus assured him 'you know the auror office no longer plays any protection of Harry Potter.... Those closest to him believe we have infiltrated the ministry.''

''Well they got that right, don't they?' everyone laughed

'What say you pyus?' Voldemort questioned as Nagini slithered around. The giant and deadly snake, Severus kept his gaze on Nagini cautiously.

''One hears has many things my Lord whether the truth is among them is not clear.' Pyus answered.

''Spoken like a true politician' Voldemort laughed 'I think prove most useful Pyus. Where will you be taken, boy?' He turned to Severus.

''To a safehouse, to the home of someone in the order. I'm told it has been given every matter of protection,'' Severus told him 'once there it will be impractical to attack him.''

''My Lord,' Bellatrix said happily 'I would like to volunteer myself for this task I want to kill the boy.''

''Wormtail!' Voldemort shouted as a womans moans of Pain could be heard. 'Have I not told you about keeping our guest quiet?''

"Where is daddy?" Amelia questioned.

"At work." Avalon reminded her.

"With the bad man." Amelia whispered and Avalon turned to her shocked.

"What?" Avalon rasped.

"I had a dream." Amelia offered with a shrug. "The bad man came and daddy was gone."

"Gone?" Avalon couldnt breathe. Amelia nodded slowly.

"But he will be back." Amelia assured. "You bring him back just in time for bed time stories." Avalon relaxed picking up Amelia.

"Will you tell me if you have more dreams of the bad man?" Avalon requested. Amelia nodded.

"I had a dream that he was coming for you... it was scary. Draco's daddy was there too." Amelia added. "But daddy brought you home."

"Oh... I'm sorry you having such dreams my love." Avalon offered wondering if they were premonitions.

''As inspiring as I find your blood lust Bellatrix, I must be the one to kill Harry Potter.' Voldemort corrected and Bellatrix sunk in her chair. ''But I face an unfortunate complication that my wand and potters share the same core.' He said holding it out. 'They are in some ways twins. We can wound but not fatally harm one another,' he put his wand down on the table 'if I'm to kill him I must do it with another's wand,' he walked around the table. 'Come surely one of you would like the honor? What about you Lucius?' he hissed, Lucius turned back to look at him

'My Lord?' Lucius questioned hesitantly.

'My Lord,' Voldemort agreed ''I require your wand' he held his hand out, lucius's face pinched as he took his wand his hand shaking as he gave it to him his head bowed.

''Do I detect Elm?''

''Yes my lord' Lucius confirmed.  He ran his hands along the wand breaking the silver top off, Lucius flinched.

''And the core?' voldemort questioned.

'Dragon heart string,' Lucius stammered and stuttered.

''Dragon heart string.' Voldemort repeated. He tossed the silver bit onto the table before testing out the wand. 'For those of you who do not know,' Voldemort used the wand to bring the floating woman forward. 'This is charity Burbage who as of most recently taught at Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry her specialist was Muggle studies.' everyone laughed at that, muggles. Severus swallowed the lump in his throat. Severus was a half blood. Most wizards and witches were, half muggle born. Avalon, his beloved Avalon was full muggle and he hated what fate would become of her if Voldemort found her. Severus tensed but tried to hold back his anxiety.

''It is Miss Burbages belief that Muggles are not so different from us. She would, given her way have us mate with them. To her the mixture of magical and Muggle is not an abomination but something to be encouraged.'

'Severus, Severus, please,' she murmured 'we are friends, think about....'' she stopped short as she stared at him and for a short moment Severus watched her pleading for her life. He was glad she stopped herself, knowing this was the end and not wanting to bring Avalon down with her. But Voldemort ended that quickly using Lucius's wand and killing the woman she dropped the table before Draco. Draco sniffled panic and fear coursing through him. Severus looked to Draco, he wasnt meant for this life, he was just a child.

''Nagini,' Voldemort commanded, as Nagini got up onto the table, 'dinner.' Voldemort added, the snake slithered down the table in front of everyone opening its mouth and devouring the woman whole.