2. Magical

'This place is magical!' Avalon sung out as they arrived

'My dear you have not seen anything yet,' Severus informed her

When they entered there was candles floating in mid air portraits moving along the walls Avalon looked around amazed. Then she saw ghosts real dead ghosts floating the halls.

'Severus,' she stammered as her eyes followed them as they went through the walls disappearing before her eyes.

'You get used to them.' Severus assured her taking her hand and leading her along her feet were dragging as her eyes were wandering the halls when they stepped on the staircase it started to move and Avalon froze mid step.

'Severus!' She said hesitantly 'the stairs are moving. The stairs are moving,' she told him nervously

'I know my dear,' he said moving back down the stairs to her 'they do that.'

'Oh they do that, do they? Cause that's a normal thing for stairs to do in a magical school?' Avalon pondered.

'Exactly,' Severus told her pecking her cheek and pulling her along

'This place Severus... It's something else.' Avalon remarked.

'You haven't seen anything yet,' he teased when they got to the headmaster's office she expected to see a door like a normal headmaster would have but instead there was a statue.

'Are we meeting him here?' Avalon questioned looking around.

'We're going up to his office,' Severus told her

'How?' she looked around as severus said

'lemon drop.' She turned around to see the statue spinning in the staircase revealed.

'How did you do that?' Avalon questioned giddy.

'Magic my dear.' He grabbed her hand leading her up the stairs. 'Headmaster Dumbledore,' severus said 'I would like to introduce you to my wife, Avalon Snape.'

'Hello pleasure to meet you this place is really cool.' Avalon said noticing the Phoenix sitting on his perch. "oh wow,' she instantly moved to the phoenix.

'That is Fawkes.' Albus told her.

'He is beautiful.' She remarked reaching a hand out for him, Fawkes nuzzled into her and Avalon lit up as she looked back at Severus.

'Professor Snape tells me you are an animal technician.' Albus went on and Avalon turned her attention to them, Fawkes continued to rub his head against her shoulder.

"Yes, I work at an animal hospital.' Avalon told him. 'Cat and dogs and normal non magical people pets.' Avalon said glancing back at Fawkes.

"I think she will do just fine with Hagrid.' Albus remarked.

"Hagrid?" Severus questioned.

'He is the new care of magical creatures professor.' Albus informed him and Severus shook his head letting out an exasperated breath.

'Really Albus?" Severus murmured.

'Mrs. Snape you seem to get along great with Fawkes I'm sure you will get along with all the creatures.' Albus said confidently.

'I don't know anything about magical creatures.' Avalon told him.

'Professor Snape said you did some work with anti venom as well?" Albus questioned.

'Yes, I loved science, and I worked in Missouri for a while and they had lots of snakes so I got quite well concocting anti venom.' Avalon said confidently, a big smile on her face.

'Wonderful, she is wonderful severus.' Albus told him and severus wrapped a hand around her.

'yes she is,' Severus agreed. 

'Plus it is safer for you to be here with Black-' Albus began

'Safer?" Avalon questioned. Albus looked to Severus.

"I'm sorry I thought you-'

'Avalon, why don't we get settled?" Severus suggested leading her out.

'what did he mean safer?" Avalon questioned. They stood on the moving staircase, Severus ran his hands along Avalon's arms. 'Severus?" Avalon pleaded.

'Some prisoners escaped from Azkaban, Albus needs my attention here on the students.' Severus told her vaguely.

'Am I in danger?" Avalon questioned once the stairs settled.

'No, that is why I wanted you here, so I could keep an eye on you.'

'But the prison is a wizard prison?' Avalon questioned.

"Yes,' he answered cautiously.

'They are wizards, wouldn't I be safer in Chicago?" Avalon countered.

'I wouldn't be able to see you.' Severus told her.

'What do you mean?" Avalon questioned.

'Our weekend visits and holidays,' severus explained. 'Albus wants my attention here...'

'Why? Who is Black?" Avalon questioned and Severus let out a sigh. 'Severus, talk to me.' Avalon pleaded. Severus pushed open a door and led her down another hallway. This place was a bloody maze. He pulled out thenpaper from his robe seemingly out of mid air to Avalon.

'Sirius Black, he is Harry  Potter's god father and he escaped,' he passed her over a paper she skimmed the headlines as the picture of Sirius Black moved in front of her, his face screaming out. Her eyes drifted up to Severus. 'Headmaster wants me here and I don't want to be away from you for that long, if the dark lords followers take over they wont stop at the wizarding world.' Severus told her. 'You being here, is the safest, where I can keep an eye on you. Keep you safe.' Severus told her and she nodded putting down the paper.

'Okay.'

"Okay?" Severus questioned.

'I trust you, Severus.' Avalon assured him.