47. Test

"Today we acknowledge a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was as you all know, exceptionally hard working, intricately fair minded. And most importantly a fierce, fierce friend. I think therefore you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see, Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort." Albus declared to the students and staff. Severus couldnt look up, he just held to Avalon's hand as they sat at the head table. Amelia sat in Avalon's lap making her unicorn shaped chicken nuggets dance along the plate.

"The ministry of magic does not wish me to tell you this. But not to do so I think would be an insult to his memory. Now the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me, reminds us that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events the bonds of friendship we made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain, you remember that." Albus instructed. "And we'll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest and brave and true right to the very end."

But no one felt like celebrating. Harry stared down at his plate. Cedrics pale glossy eyes still staring up at him.

Harry was quick to board the train he didn't want to talk to anyone but avalon snuck on as severus packed up amelias stuffed animals.

"Harry, i just wanted to give you another hug," avalon sat beside him hugging him gently and he sobbed into her. "If you want, i would love it if you stayed with us for this summer. The whole of it or Even just a week." Avalon added. Harry wiped at his eyes. "Is there anything I can do?"

"No. But thank you Ms Avalon."

Avalon moved throughout the train car to get to the doors and draco waved back at her.

"Have a great summer draco, Pansy, Mattheo." Avalon waved back a delicate smile on her face.

"Goodbye professor." The children echoed. Draco jumped up following her. He stopped her once they were out of view from the other students and hugged her. He had a reputation to maintain after all.

"Maybe you can come over again for supper this summer." Draco suggested.

"That sounds lovely," avalon agreed. "Or you can come over. I can make you something delicious." Draco nodded.

"Well I should get back to my seat. Hopefully see you soon." Draco added before heading off.

"Such a sweet boy." Avalon said to herself as she headed off. waving goodbye to the kids as the train left the station.

+

It was horrible timing. To be pregnant that is. Avalon was sure it was horrible timing for a lot of things but finally getting pregnant, when the dark lord came back, that was really horrible timing.

It was hard to be excited when she was worried that Severus was going to get hurt, going to get sucked back into that awful world of cruelty and violence.

"Severus I took a test." Avalon remarked.

"Of course you did." Severus chuckled. "What class? what creature?"

"A pregnancy test." Avalon corrected and severus turned sharply to her. "I know its really bad timing and I.. I thought it was just stress but... its not." Avalon remarked anxiously. Severus wanted to cry and kiss her. She was right. This was bad timing but they always wanted children. He picked her up spinning her around.

"We will figure it out. I will keep you safe. " Severus assured. "Both of you. All us you." He smiled back at amelia playing with the cats.