41. Brewing

"Merry Christmas." Avalon whispered kissing Amelia awake. Amelias eyes popped open. She jumped up hugging avalon tight.

"Presents." Amelia whispered completely giddy.

"Lets go get daddy." Avalon agreed. Amelia let go of avalon and raced through the chambers. She found the cats zooming around first. She wished them a merry Christmas before finding severus in the kitchen. Kettle on the stove and cinnamon buns in the over. The timer dinned as amelia latched onto severus.

Harry and ron were celebrating together this year. But avalon said they could join in. Draco was at the mannor and amelia was skipping around the tree. She had made presents for severus and avalon which they adored completely.

Amelias object manipulated had helped them decorate the tree faster. She waved her hands around and even put the angel on top of the tree with her feet firmly planted on the ground.

Now amelia was ripping through her gifts like they were going out of style. She squealed hugging her toys close before stacking them all up. Her books and dolls and new clothes.

Severus held avalon as they watched amelia unwrap her gifts. The wrapping was taller than herself when she was done.

Severus saw the twinkle in avalons eyes as she watched amelia and knew the perfect gift. One that would take a bit longer to brew but the wait would be worth it if it worked. When it worked.

+

"What are you brewing today?" Avalon questioned peering into the cauldron. Severus smiled softly back at her.

"Do you ever think about having another child?" Severus pondered. Avalon kissed his cheek.

"You heard the doctor- you are not brewing a child in there are you?" She half mused. Severus shook his head.

"No. No. Just..." a fertility potion because avalon deserved to have a child of her own. One of her womb. Amelia deserved to have little sibling. Severus had never taken a fertility potion. Made one for madam pomfey for her sister years ago but he never took one himself. It was different for men than women. It also took a month to brew. He didnt want to get her hopes up.

"You thinking of adopting another?" Avalon pondered. Severus gave the pot another stir.

"Something like that. What do you think?"

"Yeah... next summer we try and find another. Or maybe he or she finds us." Avalon deicded. Severus nodded turning back to his caldron. If this worked one month of brewing and nine moons in the womb. By next fall they would have their own little angel.

"Harry you told me you'd figured the egg out weeks ago. The task is two days from now." Hermione declared when she saw harry staring at the egg.

"Really? I had no idea." He mused. "I suppose Viktor's already figured it out." Harry questioned.

"I wouldn't know, we didn't actually talk about the tournament. Actually we didn't really talk at all, Viktor's more of a physical being. I just mean he's not particularly... Mostly he watches me study. It's a bit annoying actually. You are trying to figure this egg out aren't you?"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

" bipidty bopity boo!" Amelia declared as they skipped down the hall.

" Amelia love why would you think about a brother or sister one day?" Avalon questioned.

"Ohhh do I get to pick? I think I want a little brother no a little sister no a little brother maybe one of each." Amelia rambled off. Avalon squeezed her hand tight.

" you're going to be the best big sister one day I know it."

" do you have a baby in your tummy mommy?" Amelia questioned. She reached up, putting a hand to Avalons stomach.

" no honey I don't." Avalon wondered what it would feel like to carry a child in her womb. To carry a child for nine moons and push it out into the world. Getting Amelia was a wonderful blessing. They got to skip the dirty diapers in the sleepless nights and they just got to start with the good stuff.

"I mean these tasks are supposed to test you, in the most brutal way they're almost cruel. And um, I'm scared for you. You got by the dragon mostly on nerve, I'm not sure it's going to be enough this time." Hermione admitted before running off.

"Hey Potter." Cedric declared catching his attention.

"Cedric.' Harry answered."How are you?"

"Spectacular." Harry dead panned.

"Oh draco! Hi honey. Did you have a good break?" Avalon questioned.

"I certainly did." He agreed. "Look what my father got me." He held out a new watch. "Its from Wiz Co. its top of the times." Avalon chuckled.

"I see what you did there." She agreed. She thought maybe a little boy. She already had amelia her perfect amelia. Maybe they could adopt a little boy that needed a home.

"What did you get Amelia?"

"I got a new dolly and mr Lion." She scratched at a fallen eyelash on her nose as she spoke. "And books. daddy got a wizard first potion book for me. We are going to start learning."

"Cool." Draco agreed.

  "Look I realize I never really thanked you properly for tipping me off about those dragons." Cedric went on.

"Forget about it. I'm sure you would have done the same for me." Harry assured.

"Oh potter." Draco scoffed. "Such a failure."

"Draco you are such a sweet boy. I wish you would be nicer to harry." Avalon corrected.

"Why?" Draco countered. Avalon gave him a stubborn pointed look.

"I dont think I need to justify that with an answer." Avalon corrected. "Have a good day draco."

"Exactly. You know the prefects bathroom on the fifth floor?" Cedric questioned. Harry nodded. "It's not a bad place for a bath. Just take your egg and mull things over in the hot water."