45. He's Back

Thank Me / Criston Cole out now!

"You barely ate anything today, i dont know how long this is going to take." Severus remarked as he packed a bag with toys and snacks for Amelia. "You want me to pack you something?" Avalon stared distantly at Amelia as she played with her doll house. "Avalon?" Severus sat beside her. 

"Can you get me a to go cup?" Avalon said turning her head to him. Severus took her mug and transferred the tea. 

"Are you alright love?" Severus sat beside her on the couch and she tucked her feet under her leaning into him. 

"Yeah, my stomach is just in knots." Avalon remarked. It had been over a month since severus took the potion. It was time for the last competition what a glorious day it would be if Avalon found out she was pregnant as the victor walked through with their trophy. 

"You think its the flu?" Severus asked cautiously. 

"No, just... not hungry. Probably nerves over this." Avalon offered. "Dont worry honey I'm fine. I'm excited to go... thats a lie, I'm nervous for Harry and Cedric and Victor and Fleur. All of them." Severus nodded slowly. 

"Thats because you have a big heart." Severus agreed. "Grab a book honey its going to be a boring tourney."

"I thought-"

"We dont get to see what the competitors have to go through." Severus remarked. "We just sit and wait for them to reemerge." 

"Oh... thats no fun." Avalon offered her fingers trailing down over his thigh. "Probably for the best, I would be worried seeing Harry go through the trials like with the dragon." 

"Exactly... dont worry my love, I'm sure potter will be just fine."

"Earlier today Professor Moody placed the tri-wizards cup deep within the maze. Only he knows its exact position. Now as Mr Diggory..." the crowd cheered at his name. " and Mr Potter tied for first position they will be the first to enter the maze. Followed by Mr Krum..." The bulgarian crowd went nuts. "And Ms Delacour. The first person to touch the cup will be the winner. I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter, if at any point should a contestant wish to withdraw from the task he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands. Contestants, gather round."

"In the maze you'll find not dragons or creatures of the deep. Instead you'll face something more challenging. You see, people change in the maze. Oh find the cup if you can, but be very weary you could just lose yourselves along the way." Albus told the champions.

"Champions! Prepare yourselves." Moody demanded.

 Harry waved over to Avalon. She saw Cedric hug his father and moved to Harry hugging him too. 

 ''I'm so proud of you.' Avalon told harry hugging him tight. 'you have done exceptionally.' she kissed his cheek. 'don't be a hero.' Avalon added. She didnt know what was in there but she was certain that it wasnt anything good, he smiled up at her as she brushed the hair from his eyes. 'Get out alive. Get out in one piece... please I cant lose you.''

'I'm going to be fine, I promise.' Harry told her.

'your last words better not be a lie Harry Potter.' Avalon warned still stroking his cheek.

'Thank you for everything, you are like the mother I always wanted." Harry informed her honestly and Avalon wanted to cry. Lucius Malfoy came up to severus, talking in hushed voices with Severus. Severus noted that Lucius was very excited. Before lucius headed off, telling Severus to be ready.

'I love you sweetie, I will see you after, bake you a pie...' Avalon informed him, she moved back over to severus and he held her tight as they waited for the games to begin.  

"On the count of three... ONE..." but the cannon went on and they were headed in. Now all that was left to do was wait. 

Amelia was playing with Barry the bear dancing him along the benches while Avalon couldnt bare to try and do anything except stare at the shrubbery blockage. 

Severus was tense, Avalon thought it was because he was worried but he wasnt worried for the reasons Avalon thought. Something bad was going to happen, but they couldnt bring him back. After all this time. 

On the evening of 24 June, the champions were tasked with traversing an imposing 20-foot-high maze full of obstacles, creatures and riddles. Little did Cedric Diggory's fellow students or family know that this would be the last time they would see him alive. Cedric and Harry made it to the center of the maze and both clutched the Triwizard Cup as joint winners. But instead of enjoying a double victory for Hogwarts, the pair were thrust into unexpected danger. 

Severus cried out, gripping at his arm. Avalon turned her already worried gaze on him. Amelia screamed out hugging Severus. 

"Daddy?" 

'Severus?' Avalon questioned and he raised his robes, his death eater mark shone a vibrant black, the once faded mark practically screaming out. I'm back. 'severus?' Avalon questioned quietly touching his mark gently. He had told her vaguely about his past but he never expected Voldemort to come back. 

"He's back.' Severus murmured.

"Who?" Avalon questioned. 

"Vold-" Severus whispered but Harry's cries echoed to their ears and Avalon spun around anxiously one arm on Severus still she looked to a sobbing harry. Cedric hanging limp in his arms.

'Do something!' cedrics father demanded as Madam pomfey dropped before them but there was no pulse.

'"He's back.' Harry whimpered. 'he's back. Voldemort is back.''