Rinney - Scars (Part 2)

TW - Self Harming Implied / No One's PoV

Thursday afternoon rolled around quickly. Finney was on Robin's bed, his legs entangled in the other boy's. Robin was reading a Marvel Comic, his eyes staring at the pages in amazement. Finney let out a small sigh, sitting up against the headboard. He shut his eyes and held his knees tight against his chest.

__________

Finney's PoV

I needed a bathroom. I needed to ease this feeling I had once again. I was going to tell Robin I needed to leave to the bathroom, but that idea left when I opened my eyes. He was staring at me, his eyes piercing through me. "What's wrong Finn?" Robin was sitting up now.

Lie Finney. Tell him a lie.

"Nothing?" I said, well more asked then said. Robin put one of his hands on mine, which were placed in my lap. He was warm. "Finn. Seriously. What's wrong?" Robin asked once more. He stared at me, waiting for me to explain my worries. I couldn't do it. I couldn't say what was really going on. I took my hands away from his. I felt cold now. A laugh escaped my throat and I shook my hands as if i was drying them in the air. "I have to go home Robin, it's getting late." I replied. I gave him a short kiss, standing up off the bed. "Finney." I heard Robin's voice sound from behind me. I turned towards him. He looked worried.

"Really Robin, I'm fine."
_____________

No one's PoV

Finney was now on his doorstep. Two feet ahead of him was his front door. He breathed heavily, unlocking the door and stepping inside.

"Where have you been boy?"

Finney's body froze in place. He slowly turned around to face the voice. His dad stood there, a bottle of beer tightly gripped in his right hand. A belt was placed in his left. "Well?" His dad barked out. Finney flinched at his tone. "I was just helping a friend study dad. I promise." Finney responded quietly, afraid to speak in the wrong tone. His dad's grip on his belt loosened. "What friend?".

Finney couldn't come up with an answer fast enough. He wanted to say Donna, but his dad knew that was a lie. Donna and her mom were currently out of town, a business trip most likely. "Robin." Finney squeaked out. He inched backwards the slightest bit. His dad saw, a deep frown appearing on his face. "You scared of me now?" The older man asked, a laugh following the question. Finney didn't respond.

Wrong move.
_______________

Once again, Finney was in the bathroom. This time though, he was in front of the mirror. He stared at himself in disgust. His face was a bright red. A purple bruise covered his left eye, a yellow bruise on the cheek under it. His lip was swollen, a small red cut could be seen if you were close. Finney's whole body ached. His back stung, the feeling of the belt still lingering on his skin. Finney moved away from the mirror and into his bedroom. His pencil case sat on his desk, a razor blade hidden inside of it. It was already open.

Finney smiled.

__________