Brance - Sick (short)

characters aged up to 19.
————————————
Bruce writhed in pain, body engulfed in a blanket of pure sickness. He groaned, leaning over towards the side of his bed to empty the remaining food settled in his stomach. The taste made him feel even worse. Bruce wiped at the sweat stuck to the skin on his face, grimacing when it resulted in more forming beads.

Vance walked into the room, hair tied into a bun as his back held the door open while his hands were too occupied with carrying a bowl of soup and a bottle of water.

"How are you feeling?" Bruce wanted to scoff at the question, knowing his boyfriend could clearly tell he wasn't all that well. Instead though, he chose to be nice, as his boyfriend was the one caring for him while he couldn't do so himself.

"I threw up again." Vance laughed as Bruce slumped against the numerous pillows propped underneath his head, making himself look like half-dead. "Well. I made you some soup and got you some water. Medicine is beside you if you need it." Bruce licked his lips, reeling back in disgust when he tasted nothing but vomit. "Could you help me, uh, brush my teeth?" Bruce's eyes were closed, too weak to even open them and look at his boyfriend that was stood in front of him. "Yeah, okay."

Bruce flopped over the backside of Vance as he was picked up and thrown over the boy's shoulder. He laid there comfortably, forgetting the question he had just asked the boy seconds ago. He whined as he was placed on the toilet in the nearby bathroom, instantly missing the warmth his boyfriend had provided.

"Shush Bruce. You wanted to brush your teeth, remember?" Vance opened the mirror, grabbing out a blue toothbrush as well as a tube of toothpaste. "Here." Bruce looked up at him, shaking his head with a large frown. Vance stared back at him, sighing after a few seconds. "Do you want me to brush your teeth?" Bruce nodded, no longer frowning but instead smiling. Vance shook his head and laughed. "Okay. Open up."

After Bruce had his teeth brushed, Vance took him back to their room. He sat his boyfriend down on the bed, wiping his sweat-covered skin with a rag when he got into a more comfortable position.

Vance backed away from Bruce, leaving the room for a quick minute to go and fetch more things for his sick boyfriend. He grabbed another water bottle, a bottle of 'Advil', and some peppermints.

When Vance came back into the bedroom, hands full of necessities for the boy in the bed, the last thing he thought he'd see when he opened the door back was his boyfriend bawling his eyes out.

"Bruce? Bruce what's wrong?" Vance rushed over, dropping the things he had onto the bed quickly before kneeling in front of his boyfriend. Bruce looked at him, trying his best to smile as more tears dropped down his face and into his lap. "Y-you left m-me?" Vance gave him a confused look. He'd only been gone for at least five minutes, seven tops. "Baby, I just went to the kitchen." Bruce hiccuped, wiping the overflowing tears that begun to sink into his skin. "S-sorry."

Vance motioned for Bruce to scoot over, which the boy did with no argument. Vance laid himself and Bruce down, placing a soft kiss to the other boy's temple as he snuggled into his chest. "Rest Bruce. I'm not leaving." Bruce nodded his head, sniffling and wiping at his face one last time before he begun to doze off. Vance smiled down at him, pressing yet another kiss to his forehead now.

"I love you so damn much Bruce Yamada. So damn much."
——
short <3.