Rinney - 'Revenge For Finn"

"Only bad thing about a star is they burn up"
tw: child abuse
———

Inside of a small, worn down home, an angry man towered over his young son. Spit flew out of his mouth as he screamed, eyes looking down viciously at the boy beneath him. His son trembled greatly, screaming repeated 'I'm sorry!'s through his loud sobs. The man's daughter watched the scene, tears streaming fast down her small rounded face. She was only 6. The man screamed some more, raising a fist upward and slamming it down on his son's head. The young boy screamed, it was loud enough for his sister to cover her ears and shut her eyes. The man wiped his now bloody hand on his dirty jeans, mumbling incoherent words as he grabbed a beer from the small fridge next to him.

Finney was 9 when this had happened to him.
————

Finn walked through the noisy school, head low and hands shoved into his pants pockets. He focused his eyes on his shoes, listening at the way they squeaked with every step forward. Maybe it was the fact that he became too focused on the spot of dirt that sat next to his tied shoelaces, or maybe he just wasn't paying enough attention to his surroundings. Finn groaned as he ran into someone, sending both him and the other person flying backwards in opposite directions. He immediately sat up, looking at who he had so rudely knocked over. His eyes softened ever so slightly as he spotted a familiar head of long, jet-black hair. Finn stood from his place on the floor, an embarrassed blush coating his pale cheeks. "Sorry Robin, wasn't looking where I was going." The boy with jet-black hair looked at the blushing boy, a smile overtaking the lower portion of his tanned face. "You're alright Finn. Didn't even hurt." Finn offered him a hand, which he grasped kindly and used to stand up from the ground. Robin lightly dusted himself off, now facing fully towards his best friend. Random groups of people walked next to the two boys, some people turned to look while others minded their own business. Finn smiled at Robin, the blush that was once on his face slowly disappearing. "So, today's Wednesday. You still coming over?" Finn nodded at the other's question. Robin's smile seemed to double in size. He reached forward, grasping Finn's hand in his own and beginning to walk with him to their first class of the day.
———-

Finn had spent the entirety of the school day smiling, jaw burning from the action. Robin had sent him compliments as many times as he could when they were together, making the pale boy's face brighten in color.

But now that Finn was on his way home, having to tell his father that he'd have to be leaving soon to tutor a friend, his smile had quickly disappeared. As well as his heated face and happily-beating heart.

Finn approached his home, shaking ever so slightly when thinking about what, or more so who, was behind the front door. He forced himself to walk up to the small house, fishing a small bronze key from his jacket pocket. Finn unlocked the door, quietly opening it and stepping inside before shutting it back. He winced when the door slammed, a frown instantly becoming seen on his face.

The man in the living room stood slowly from his place on the leather arm seat, an annoyed expression crossing over his facial features. He grumbled something, swaying slightly as he tried to balance himself. "What, what makes you think that y-you can slam my doors." Finn turned towards the man, restraining himself from crying right then and there. "I-I didn't mean to. I'm sorry." The man shook his head, a deep laugh coming from his mouth. "Always fucking apologizing, but you keep making the same mistakes." Finn's heart beat hard in his chest, the noise echoing through his ears. The man bounded closer, smiling with shining teeth as his son stepped backwards into the door behind him.

"Time to learn your lesson, son."
———-

When Robin opened his front door, the last thing he was expecting to see was Finn standing there with a bruised and swollen face, tears making his eyes glossy.

"Finn what the fuck happened to you?" Robin had pulled the boy into his house and upstairs to his room. Both boys were sitting on the bed, one with his eyes cast downwards to the floor while the other had his eyes on the boy next to him. Finn rubbed at his nose, sighing shakily. The papers he was supposed to tutor the other boy on lay forgotten on the desk in the corner of the room. "My dad, h-" Finn coughed, eyes blurring from the large tears covering them. Robin placed a hand on his leg, staring at him with concerned eyes. Finn wiped a sleeve over his eyes, continuing with what he was previously saying. "He, um, he hit me really bad. Only left me alone when I was unresponsive." Finn put his own hands over his legs when the other boy's hand removed itself from where it was. Robin stood up, a frown on his face as he looked down at Finn. "I'm going to kill that perra estúpida." Finn looked up at him, eyes glistening with more tears than before. He shook his head, standing up as well. "Please don't Robin. Please. You'll- you'll get hurt." Finn pleaded with the boy, grabbing his arm tightly as if the action would keep him by his side. Robin sighed, nodding his head slowly at Finn's request. He walked them both back over to the bed, pushing the other boy lightly down on it and signaling for him to lay down. "You need rest love. Don't worry, I'll be here with you." Finn nodded, curling into a ball and attempting to sleep. Robin laid next to him, stroking his hand over his arm comfortingly. The small action lulled Finn to sleep, a peaceful smile overtaking his face.
————

Finn woke up to two familiar voices, both speaking frantically.

"Wash your fucking hands dumbfuck! He's waking up and-" There was a sound of footsteps running towards the direction of the bathroom before the room went quiet. "Finn? You awake?" Finn opened his eyes, shutting them again quickly when they stung. "Yeah. What's going on? Is Vance here?" The room went quiet again before footsteps were heard bounding into the room. "Yeah, hey Finney." Finn squinted his eyes open once more, smiling at the blonde boy as best as he could. "Hey V- is that blood on your hands?" Both Vance and Robin looked at the hands belonging to the blonde, sighing when they realized the blood was still there. "Yeah." Vance basically whispered the word, trying his best to avoid Finn's gaze and Robin's grimace. "What happened? Get into another fight?" Vance nodded his head slowly. "Yeah, something like that."

In the distance, an ambulance rushed towards the Blake household. The drivers of the vehicle missed the smiling brunette girl who stood next to her friend Susie, a weight lifting from her shoulders as she realized her dad would finally be out of her and her brother's lives.

"Good riddance, Terrance."
————