Rinney - Intervention

Robin and Finney's relationship hasn't been the greatest lately. They've been arguing over the smallest things that, most of the time, do not even matter. Finney would go to Vance and Bruce when things would get too heated. Robin preferred to be alone.
________

"I don't even know what you're mad about this time Robin. I didn't do anything with anyone, I fucking swear it." Finney explained to the boy who had his arms crossed in front of him. "Yeah? Well I don't believe you. I saw the way you were looking at Donna earlier." Robin said loudly, startling Finney. The fluffy-haired boy didn't understand the situation. He hadn't looked at Donna in any certain way. He was strictly friends with the girl, both of them knew that. "I didn't look at her in any way Robin." Finney said slowly, trying to calm Robin down the best he could. Robin though was not having any of this. He stepped closer to Finn, who instinctively backed up, and pushed him. The smaller boy fell back against the wall and on to the floor.

"You want Donna? Go ahead and get her. Or any other person for that matter. I'm done."

Robin walked out of the room, leaving Finney by himself.
_________

Finn hated when he and Robin argued. Lately, it started to remind him of his dad's yelling and hitting. Robin never got too physical with Finney but he did push or hit him at times. Sometimes a little too hard. Robin always apologized right after he became physical though, unlike Finney's father.

Robin was always forgiven. But this time the boy didn't apologize, he left.

|
|
|

Finney had called Vance before Bruce. He looked at Vance like an older brother and always knew Vance would protect him.

"He did what to you?"

Vance's voice boomed through the speaker on Finney's phone. He had just explained what had happened with Robin. Both Vance and Bruce knew about Robin starting to get physical. They didn't think it would get as bad as it was. Vance was angry at the situation, concerned for Finney's safety. He alerted Bruce about what was going on and they both planned to go over to the boy's house.

When the two got there, Finney was curled into a ball. He was sobbing loudly, his body rocking back and forth in an attempt to soothe itself. Vance picked the smaller boy up and put him close to his chest. Bruce watched with a deep frown on his face. Finn started to calm down a little while after. He didn't move from Vance, feeling both protected and warm in his embrace.

"Do you know where Robin went?" Bruce asked the boy who now sat curled up in Vance's lap. Finn shook his head and sniffled. "He just yelled and left." He explained to the other two boys. Vance was angry as was Bruce. "The fuck is his problem. He needs to stop pulling this shit with you." Vance said in a very upset tone. Bruce nodded his head in agreement.

"I don't have a problem dickhead."

The three boys' heads snapped up in sync. Robin stood leaning in the doorframe, staring at Finney. Finn just held on to Vance, who protectively wrapped his arms around him. "You definitely seem to have one. You treat Finn like absolute shit, hurting him both mentally and physically." Vance spoke to the tan boy. Robin's fists clenched tightly by his sides. "Just admit you have a problem Robin. You're acting like a total dick and it needs to stop." Bruce said, slowly moving closer to Vance and Finney.

Robin never actually knew why he got so upset with Finney. Or why he always seemed to hurt the boy. He never means to, he just sometimes feels too much and lashes out. The boy looked down at his fists. He opened up his hands, staring at them. These were the hands he used to push and hit Finney all those times. The hands that left his boyfriend sobbing on the floor alone all those times. Robin hated himself for that. He never wanted to hurt Finney. Never. Robin looked away from his hands and back to the three boys in front of him. He went to move towards Finn, but Vance put a hand out to stop him. "No." He spoke, staring daggers into Robin. He wouldn't let Robin hurt Finney again. Not if he had a say in it. Robin knew this and took a step back. Finn looked up at him, his face red from crying. "Do you hate me?" He asked Robin with a frown. Robin's heart broke, he felt terrible. "No baby. I could never hate you. I love you so much. More than anyone in this world. I'm so so so sorry angel." Robin replied, his eyes becoming teary. Finn was now off Vance's lap. He was standing right in front of Robin. Bruce and Vance stared at the two, making sure no altercation happened. "I love you too Robin. But I can't be with you if this is just gonna keep happening.." Finney responded looking down. Vance eyed Robin, seeing what his response was gonna be. If it was a bad one, Vance was ready. "I understand that. I'll work on bettering myself." Robin replied, softly lifting up Finney's head. Vance relaxed, grabbing hold of Bruce's hand for comfort. Bruce smiled at him. Finney and Robin smiled at each other and hugged. The other two boys in the room excused themselves, Vance ruffling Finn's hair on the way out.