Brance - 'Granted Wishes'

requested!/ part 2 to 'Brance - 'That Should Be Me'
————

Bruce screamed into his pillow, confused on everything related to Vance Hopper. The boy had seemed so happy with his girlfriend, Iris, and now they had suddenly broke up? To add onto that, the blonde had been all touchy-feely lately and, while Bruce didn't mind that at all, it only confused him more.

The boy rolled onto his back, glaring at the ceiling above him. What did Vance mean when he said he was interested in someone else? Bruce wanted to think that someone was him, but he knew better than to get his hopes up. After all, wouldn't that be a little too cliché. His crush breaking up with his girlfriend and suddenly liking him? Yeah right.

Bruce sighed, sitting himself up and running a hand through his hair. His phone buzzed softly next to him, the screen of it illuminating for a quick second before it turned back off. Bruce grabbed at the small device, eyes gazing over the notification he had just received.

'Finney Blake: Hey Bruce! You wanna hang out today? It'll just be me and you!'

Bruce clicked on the message, replying with a 'sure!'. Finn quickly responded, letting Bruce know to meet him at the park around 4. Bruce didn't respond to the last message, placing his phone screen-down on his bed instead. It was 2 o'clock already. The boy decided he'd dress himself early, not having much else to do in his spare time. He threw on an outfit and a few pieces of jewelry, smiling at the sight of himself when he passed a nearby mirror. He brushed his teeth as well and combed through his hair, making sure each loose strand was neatly packed away. When the boy had finished, it was already 3:10. Grabbing his phone and house key, Bruce made his way out of the house and to the park down the road.
———
Finn slowly put his phone back into his pocket, grimacing at the blonde in front of him as well as Robin who sat beside on the boy's side. He sighed, rubbing at the temples on the sides of his head.

"Okay Vance. He said he'll go." The blonde smiled at the confirmation, clapping his hands happily. Finn took a deep breath, eyeing him cautiously. "You better not pull anything with him though. I'll kill you if you do. Seriously." Vance scoffed at the remark, rolling his eyes. "You wouldn't-" The blonde was cut off by the boy next to him. "If Finn doesn't, I will. Bruce is a really good and caring person. Don't pull any shit." Vance sighed, putting his hands up in surrender. "I won't pull anything. I promise. Now, where's the flowers-"
———
Bruce arrived to the park, sitting down on a nearby bench when he couldn't spot Finn anywhere. He watched as little kids climbed over the playground equipment and chased each other, smiling as remembered being their age and doing such things. He had been watching for so long that he failed to realize someone had walked over to him and were now trying to gain his attention.

"-uce! Bruce!" The boy looked up, startled slightly as Vance came into view. He was almost at eye-level. The blonde cleared his throat, his face reddening as he leaned back into a more proper standing position. "Uh, hey Bruce. You were kind of out of it and I didn't know if you were okay or-" He coughed awkwardly, stopping mid-sentence as he didn't know exactly what else to say. Bruce smiled at him, scratching the back of his head awkwardly. "Oh uh, yeah sorry about that. I'm waiting on Finn." Vance nodded, smiling at well. "Actually Bruce, um, Finney isn't coming."

Bruce eyed Vance weirdly, confused on how he knew his best friend wasn't going to come to the place he had invited him to. "How do you know that? Did you do something to him? Is that why you're hiding something behind your back?" Vance rolled his eyes, scoffing at the boy's accusation. "Why does everyone think I'm sort of bad guy! No, I did nothing to Finney. He set this up so I could meet you here." Bruce blushed, awkwardly laughing as he had just wrongfully accused the blonde of hurting his best friend. "Oh, uh, I'm sorry. Well what's behind your back then?" Vance smiled warmly at the boy in front of him, moving his hands in front of him that held a colorful bouquet of flowers. Bruce gasped, eyes widening at the beautiful assortment. "Here. It's for you." Bruce looked between the flowers and the blonde, gently removing the bouquet from his hands and smelling the mixed scents that wafted from it. His smile widened, looking back into Vance's eyes as a blush crossed over his face. "Vance, this, it's beautiful. Thank you." Vance blushed as well, nodding his head at the compliment of the flowers he had bought. "You're welcome Bruce. I also have something to, uh, tell you."

Bruce moved over slightly, patting at the place next to him on the bench. "Okay. What's on your mind?" He looked back down to the flowers, happy at the kind gift the boy had brought for him. Vance cleared his throat, placing his hands in his lap and rubbing at his legs. "I- um, I l-like you Bruce. More than friend wise." Bruce looked over at him with wide eyes, mouth slightly agape as the words dawned on him. His wishes from this morning had been answered.

"I like you too Vance. A whole lot." Vance smiled widely at the other boy. "Do you- would you like to be my boyfriend?" Bruce immediately nodded, heart swelling as his crush had just confessed to him AND asked him out. "Yes. Yes, I would love to be your boyfriend." Vance leaned closer, pecking him on the nose and forehead. Bruce blushed a deep shade of red, giggling at the action.

Yeah, his wishes had definitely came true.
————
extra:

"Cut! You two did absolutely amazing! Such great performances from the both of you!" The two boys looked at each other, laughing at the cliché scene they just acted out. Bruce placed the flowers down, setting them across a nearby table. He looked at Vance, laughing at the fact the two of them are actually dating and have been for the past two years. Vance smiled at him, walking over and pulling him into a short, but gentle, kiss.

Finn and Robin came over to the two shortly afterwards, exchanging fist bumps and high fives.

"Okay so, we're all staying at this one's house tonight right?" Robin pointed towards Vance, receiving nodding heads and smiles at the question. He nodded his head as well before bidding farewell to the rest of the cast and leaving the set with the three other boys. He interlocked hands with Finn, smiling softly as he pecked the boy on the forehead.
————