new york shitty, yeah!

He poured his emotions out onto the canvas. Lines of paint threw themselves onto his skin and clothes, remaking the portrait that stood before him. His shoes squeaked as he stepped back, aligning himself with the easel as he brushed his hands against his beige cargos.

He didn't understand what he was trying to make.

It looked like a face.

Or the start of a flower.

A flower-face?

No, that's silly.

He was painting with soft colors today, kind ones that twisted the pureness of his heart.

Two of his fingers reached up, brushing themselves onto the mess of paint. Colors smeared together, mending into something unreadable.

He liked it though. Of course he liked it.

It was like looking inside of his brain.

He moved his fingers away from the easel quickly, as if something had sparked against his skin. A smile poked at his lips, crawling past the chapped spaces slowly.

Paint twirled into his curls as he played with his hair, crossing his arms over himself after a moment.

"Well, you sure look like an artist."

The voice pulled at his heart, attempting to yank it out it's cage as it came nearer. The boy spun on his heels, still smiling softly.

If he concentrated hard enough, he could make out the faint noise of rain hitting the gutters.

"What are you painting? It looks.. messy." There was a laugh after that sentence, high-pitched and nearly coughed out. It was genuine though.

Turning around, the boy shrugged and poked at the painting. "Dunno. What's it look like?"

Silence creeped into the room and through the walls, empty words drifting through the air.

"Uh, like someone poured a bucket of paint over a pretty flower."

Curls fell in front of the boy's eyes as he laughed, his jaw tightening as he held his stomach between his arms. The other boy laughed too, bumping their shoulders together as his body shook softly.

"I don't think I'd make it as an artist in this world."

Finney turned to Robin, his eyes glowing with the reflection of strewn about fairy lights. Robin cupped his face softly, smiling when Finney did the same.

"I'll follow you wherever you go, support you with whatever you wanna do."

Finney's smile grew and he nodded quickly, his eyes flickering between Robin's own and the pair of lips trickled into a smile below them.

Smears of dried paint scattered onto Robin's tanned skin, matching the colors indented in Finney's curls and clothes.

Robin pulled Finney close, their foreheads knocking together as they laughed breathlessly.

"Forever?"

"Forever."

Finney was the one to initiate the kiss, too caught up in the sunset that passed through Robin's eyes and reflected in his smile. Robin moved his hands to his waist, snuggling against his chest.

They parted after a few seconds, just taking in one another.

Robin looked at the painting hidden behind Finney's shoulder, laughter gliding off his tongue quickly.

"Yeah, you'd make a shitty artist."

"You're such an asshole."

"So you're telling me you kiss assh-,"

"Shut up."