my freckles melted into your skin

Robin made it a habit to count the freckles on Finney's face. To trail his fingers over the speckled surface, smiling as the boy in front of him giggled at the small touches.

Gwen called them gross, more than once. Her smile always gave her away, her dimples identical to her brother's.

"You're so pretty Finn."

It was an ordinary compliment, a familiar set of words. Still, Finney couldn't help the strawberry tint that spread over his face in a rush. Robin rubbed his thumbs over his face, pulling at the dips of his mouth to form a grin.

"You're so weird." Finney chewed laughter in his words, squirming underneath the fingers latched onto his face.

"That's mean." Robin gave a semi-frown, lunging at Finney after a second. The pale, freckled boy laughed wildly as hands latched to his sides. "Robin, don't!"

Robin laughed underneath the sounds of loud giggles, keeping both him and Finney steady as they somewhat wrestled around on the mattress.

After a few minutes, they were both out of breath and lying side by side.

"You're, you're still weird."

Robin let a smile pull at his lips, his eyes dancing across Finney's face as he turned his head.

"So are you, nerd."

Finney reached a hand out to push the other, smiling softly when Robin tangled their fingers together lazily.

"Love you."

"Whatever."

Thus, another round of tickling ensued.