hey robin, happy birthday! - robin's best friends

robin spends his 16th birthday with his best friends.
——

Robin may act like he doesn't care about people giving him affection and actual love but, truthfully, he's a sucker for all of it.
——

When Robin got to school on Thursday, his 16th birthday, he expected it to go as normally as it usually does. This explains why he was so surprised when he opened his locker to find three different sized bags, all filled with different assortments of candy. Robin's heart swelled as he grabbed a piece of candy from each bag and stuffed them in his pocket. He smiled softly, his face heating up at the thought of his best friends' putting the candy into his locker before he even got to school.

Robin kept that smile on his face the rest of the day, only smiling bigger when he finally saw his friends during lunch. Bruce and Finn immediately ran to him and hugged him. Vance stayed back, ruffling Robin's hair and embracing him softly when he was close enough to do so. Robin basically gushed at the affection he was getting, his heart felt as if someone was hugging it, warmth spreading throughout his entire body.
———

When school let out, Robin stuffed his candy-filled bags in to his backpack and ran outside. He waited patiently, bouncing on his heels, for his three best friends. He grinned at them when he saw them exit the building. The sound of different candies hitting against one another was heard as Robin ran towards them, engulfing them all in a hug.

"Thank you guys for the candy!"

The three boys hugged Robin, smiling at his happiness.

"You're welcome Robin."
"Of course Robin!"
"Welcome."

Robin pulled away from them, beaming brightly at the three boys.

"Hey Robin, we were planning on going to Bruce's, you can come right?"

Robin instantly nodded, following the others to Bruce's shortly after
——-

A pair of hands covered Robin's eyes as him and the others stood in front of Bruce's house.

"No peaking Arellano."

Robin hummed in agreement as he was walked to the front door and into the house. When the hands removed themselves, Robin gasped softly.

In front of him were golden balloons, a 1 and a 6 stationed next to each other in the middle. On the table beneath the balloons, there was a 3 layer cake. It was red velvet with chocolate icing on the sides. Robin's eyes glossed up and he smiled. He smiled so wide he could practically feel his jaw begging him to stop.

"Do you like it?"

Bruce had asked the question softly, afraid the answer would be no. Robin nodded his head yes, much to Bruce's relief. When Robin started to cry, the other three boys had no idea what to do. They slowly moved towards him and hugged him. Robin repeatedly thanked them, his tears drenching their shirts slowly.
———-

Robin had calmed down shortly after and it was now time to cut the cake. Vance gave him first slice, obviously, then cut other pieces for him and the other two boys. They chatted amongst themselves as they enjoyed their cake, deciding to watch 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' afterwards for Robin.

______

Robin would forever have that day stuck in his mind. That's his best memory. His favorite memory. He was more than happy that his best friends shared that memory as well.

———

this is short, sorry if it sucked 😕.