Rinney - The Reunion (4)

The next time Finn woke up, it was because of a nightmare he had.

Robin was standing in front of Finn. He seemed to be yelling, but no sound was coming out of his mouth. Finn was confused. He tried to get closer to the yelling boy, but his feet wouldn't move. Finn looked down at his feet and back up at Robin. Finn would've screamed if he was able to make a sound in this dream. Since he wasn't, his mouth remained closed. Robin was now standing directly in front of him, a bloody knife in his right hand and a smile on his face. Finn looked down once more when he felt a sharp pain in his abdomen. A large, blood-gushing gash was marked across his stomach. When Finn looked up again, Robin was gone. He was enveloped in a pitch-black blanket, slowly getting choked up with nervousness.

When Finn finally felt the ability to make noise, he screamed. He screamed until his throat turned raw and he fell backwards into the darkness.

Then he woke up.
_

Finn was still screaming when he shot up, awake, out of his dream. Tears were flowing quickly down his cheeks and his throat burned badly. His body was shaking violently and all he could do was sob. Finn rocked back and forth on the bed he was in before the bedroom door violently flung open to reveal a frantic Vance Hopper and worried Bruce Yamada.

"Finney?"

Finn couldn't even get a word out. His chest hurt and his body throbbed in pain. He only cried harder when Vance crouched next to him and rubbed a hand through his hair. Bruce cupped his face and softly whispered reassuring words to him. When Finn had calmed down and regained control of his body and breathing, he fully sat up. Vance climbed on the bed and sat on his right side, Bruce on his left. Vance's hand was still in his hair but Bruce's hands had left his face and only of them was now tightly holding one of his own hands.

"What happened to you Finney Blake?"

Vance was concerned for the small boy. He wanted to shield him from everything bad in the world but, since he knew that was impossible, all he could do was be here to the best of his ability.

Finney took a deep breath, feeling a loving squeeze on his left hand. Vance stopped touching Finn's hair and moved his hands to his lap. Finn felt a little upset at the lack of contact from his friend but he shook it off.

"I had a nightmare."

Bruce laughed quietly while Vance just stared at Finn with a "you are so dumb" look on his face. "Well no shit Finn. What was it about though?" Vance pressed on, concern laced in his tone when he asked the question.

"Robin."

Finn felt the two boys tense next to him before they forced themselves to relax. For Finn. Finn explained what happened in his dream to his two friends in a rushed voice. When he was done, he laid back down between the two boys. Bruce and Vance laid down as well, both facing the boy in the middle. Bruce rubbed circles into his back while Vance's hand found it's way back into Finn's hair. Vance softly told Finn that no one would harm a head on his hair. Not anymore. Bruce agreed to the statement. Finn smiled sleepily at both of them before cuddling into Vance's chest, making sure one of his hands was still interlocked with Bruce's. A smile was still present on his face as he fell back into a deep, nightmare-less, sleep.
_

When Finn woke up again, it was light outside. The sun bounced off the wall on to the mattress Finn was laying on. Alone. Vance and Bruce seemed to be downstairs, at least that's what Finn assumed based on all the racket he heard underneath the floor beneath him. Finn's body felt more healed then yesterday, so he attempted to stand once more. This time, Finn successfully stood. He didn't have great posture, his back was slightly slouched and he was bent a little more backwards then usual but he still stood. Finn soon realized he was walking with a limp when it took him 5 extra minutes to get to the bedroom door. It took him even longer to get down the stairs. When Finn got down the stairs, he was tired all over again. He ignored it. Instead, he walked to the kitchen where Vance was yelling about some kind of off-brand pancake mix being gross and Bruce disagreeing, saying that Vance 'never gave it a good chance'. Vance was about to start yelling again when Finn walked in and dragged himself on to one of the marble countertops with a lopsided smile. Bruce smiled at him, mixing something in a large white bowl.

"How'd you sleep?"

Finn swung his feet lazily. "I slept good. At least, when you guys were there I did." He replied, a short laugh following the statement. Vance smiled at that.

"Well. You hungry?"

Finn nodded eagerly. He hasn't eaten a proper meal since yesterday morning. Even then, all he ate was a slice of toast. Bruce smiled even bigger.

"Breakfast will be done shortly."

Bruce was right. It took only 10 minutes for a plate of blueberry pancakes, a fork, and a glass of orange juice to be handed to Finn and Vance. The two boys gratefully thanked Bruce, who smiled at both of them in return, before quickly devouring their food. Bruce chuckled before eating the food off of his own plate and gulping down his orange juice.

When the trio was done with their breakfast, they decided to go to the arcade. Vance was complaining about losing his 'pinball' touch a little too much lately so the two other boys decided to put an end to his whining.

Finn walked between Bruce and Vance, occasionally interlocking his hand with one of theirs. Neither of them minded, they showed affection like this to one another all the time. Finn had started to walk a little ways ahead of the two other boys, Vance keeping a close, cautious eye on him just in case. The three boys arrived to the arcade not long after and immediately went to the pinball machine for Vance. All three of them had large grins on their faces when Vance beat his high score. Vance jumped up and down before stopping himself, but Finn and Bruce insisted on repeatedly congratulating him on his success either way.

A couple hours later, Finn had begun to feel a little claustrophobic in the small, stuffy arcade building. Vance had waved him off when he told him he was going outside and Bruce was in the restroom. Finn exited the building and set against the entrance wall outside. His eyes closed softly, his body relaxing peacefully, before a voice spoke to him. Finn's eyes snapped open and to his dismay, Robin stood there with a smile on his face.