Brance - Misunderstanding

a request from bestie 😘!
———

Bruce slid a comb through his hair, straightening out all loose strands that attempted to ruin his look for the day. He smiled, glancing back into the mirror to see that his hair looked better than before. Perfect.

Bruce's phone illuminated behind him, a dinging sound coming from the speakers. Bruce stared at himself for a minute longer before walking towards his device and picking it up.
———

bruce yamada → vance hopper

V: good morning bruce
B: Good Morning Vance! Did you sleep okay?
V: i guess so. you?
B: Yeah I did :) Are we meeting in front of the school?
V: How about we walk there together? I'm already outside.

———

Bruce moved towards his bedroom window, laughing when he saw a familiar head of blonde hair sitting on his porch steps. Bruce responded with a 'okay!' before grabbing his things and walking to his front door. His heart hammered in his chest, nervousness building up in his stomach. He definitely didn't know why. Bruce opened the door, shivering when the cold autumn air hit his skin. He had on a jacket but it was thin, too thin for the current weather.

Vance turned towards him, shaking his head with a smile when he saw Bruce's cold and flushed face.

"You seem a little cold there Bruce."

Bruce rolled his eyes, softly stomping his feet that were slowly becoming numb. He tried to say 'whatever', but he couldn't get it out from behind his chattering teeth. Vance pulled his own hoodie over his head, handing it Bruce while standing up. Bruce shot him a confused look.

"You're going to be cold. I'll be okay."
"It's fine. Besides, I'll get warmer when we start walking."

Bruce shook his head, trying to push the hoodie closer to the blonde. Vance forcefully opened Bruce's arms, placing the hoodie into his chest and motioning for him to put it on. Bruce reluctantly complied, the warmth from the hoodie immediately enveloping him when it was fully over his body. Vance smiled at him.

"Okay, let's get going before we're late golden boy."

Bruce blushed, catching up with Vance as he started to walk off the porch and down the sidewalk. He'd blame his blush on the cold if anyone were to ask.
————

Bruce and Vance made it to the school right on time, waving goodbye quickly before making their way to their respective classrooms. Bruce stared at Vance as he walked away, a small smile on his face.

———

"So, as I was saying, the project isn't going to be that hard. 'Least I hope not."

Finn had been going on a rant about their English project, Robin groaning at every other word. Finn had already smacked him upside the head once, his eyes said he'd be willing to do it again. Bruce and Vance were sat in front of the two, laughing as the scene played out.

Vance tapped Bruce lightly on the shoulder, making the boy turn to him quickly.

"I need to talk to you about something. Can we go somewhere?"