happy new years!!!

There were strung up lights practically everywhere, illuminating even the darkest corners of the small home. Balloons had been set up in the kitchen, floating around the array of different drinks and variety chips. There was music playing too, something familiar that went unnamed as the title of it had been forgotten.

Finn couldn't ever remember New Years being such a big thing. Sure, he and Gwen would sometimes go down to the old playing field and light some fireworks, throw candy at each other as the night sky illuminated with certain colors of the rainbow. But rather than that, it usually passed by in silence. He was, for once, fond of change.

"Okay Bruce is on his way, early as usual. We probably still have an hour until Vance comes so, got anything in mind?" Robin was looking at his phone, brown eyes reflecting the light of his screen as he spoke. Finn shook his head and made his way over to the boy, wrapping his arms around his waist as he tucked his chin onto his shoulder.

"No. You?" Robin placed his phone on the kitchen counter and turned around, a grin on his face as he locked eyes with his boyfriend. "Maybe one." Finn smiled too, redness biting at his dimpled cheeks as he hummed. "Is that so?" Robin gave a nod of his head and pulled Finn's head down. "Yeah."

Finn gasped as Robin connected their lips, heat spreading throughout his body as if he'd been put in a boiling pot of water. The room around him began to feel as if it were spinning, filling him with some sort of dizziness that didn't feel so nauseating.

Robin pulled away from Finn after another minute, breathing heavily with swollen lips. Finn pressed a finger to the boy's mouth, touching his lips briefly before pulling him in once more.

"We brought alcohol!" Surprisingly (maybe), Vance and Bruce had shown up together. Looking between the two, Finn definitely took notice of the brown bottles clinking together in some sort of off-key chorus.

"Cool. Put them in the fridge." Robin waved a hand towards Vance and began to lead him towards the kitchen, a conversation about the upcoming year beginning to take place as they walked away.

"So, you got any resolutions?" Bruce was sliding off his jacket, the fabric of it making a crinkling noise as he sat it on a hanger. Finn shrugged his shoulders, ripping his eyes away from the spot that Robin had disappeared from. "I think I got everything I could've asked for already. How about you though?"

The two boys began to make their way into the living room, plopping onto the sofa as soon as the warmth from it reached out to them.

"A few small ones. But, like you, I think I have everything I really want already." Bruce had an easy smile on his face, eyes shining with the christmas lights portrayed on the television. Finn hummed in response, tucking his hands away into the pockets of his sweatpants as he smiled.

"Finn, beer or koolaid?" Vance had both drinks in his hand, grimacing as he looked towards the younger boy. Finn nodded his head towards the red beverage, not too fond of the idea of becoming anything like his father.

(Okay, maybe he might be a tad dramatic.)

"Koolaid." The drink was tossed to Finn, who caught it with ease. "You and your baseball arm, almost forgot." Vance sat on Finn's side, tucked into Bruce who cradled him with an arm. "Mint arm. His arm is mint." Bruce took a sip from his own drink, chocolate milk, and smiled. Vance rolled his eyes and smiled as well, leaning into the touch being given to him.

"Five minutes. How are you guys feeling?" Robin buried himself into Finn's hip, taking the warmth radiating from the boy hostage as he looked towards the other two. Bruce gave a shrug, eyes falling to Finn who nodded. Vance popped the cap of his beer off, shrugging as well.

"I'm good. We're good." Bruce pulled Vance closer, entwining their legs together as he looked to Robin with a grin. "Good, good."

The countdown had begun soon after that, red lights flashing off of the walls as the numbers on the clock showed in bright lettering.

The four boys began to count together, starting down from 15. Somehow, their hands all became interlocked with each other's. Finn had his eyes closed, taking it all in as happiness overflowed through him. Robin's breath grazed his ear, the words 'I love you' falling off of his tongue in a tone drenched in pure love and adoration. Finn blushed and squeezed Robin's hand even tighter.

"Five, four, three, two, oh that's gross! Get a room!"

Finn laughed, eyes now open and wide as he caught sight of Vance pulling Bruce close in order to deliver a passionate (too passionate) kiss to his lips.

"My New Year's resolution is to become homophobic, just to spite the two of them." Robin spoke with a half-assed scowl, failing to act angry as happiness slipped through the cracks of his lips. "Oh shut up and kiss me." Finn giggled, blushing with a wide smile as Robin pulled him close and delivered kiss after kiss to his face.

"Get a room!"