Brance/Rinney - Merry Christmas!

featuring brance and rinney in christmas sweaters !
———

Snowflakes fell down the windows of Vance's apartment, fogging up the outside exterior of the brick building. Inside, the fireplace burned slowly, the sound of burning wood crackling and popping filling the small home. Vance walked carefully into the living room, two mugs of hot chocolate balanced in his hands. It was Christmas Eve, Vance had never been excited about it before. But now, since he got to spend it with his best friends and boyfriend, he definitely was excited for it this year.

Vance set the two mugs down on the coffee table, sliding one to his boyfriend who was swaddled in a green throw blanket. Bruce smiled at the blonde, quietly thanking him for the warm drink. It would be a couple of hours until Finn and Robin would arrive, having planned to sleep over for Christmas the next day.

"Are you warm enough?" Vance shuffled closer to Bruce, sliding an arm around his thin figure. Bruce nodded his head, snuggling closer into Vance's side. Vance smiled contently, his eyes moving over towards the fireplace. The orange and yellow flames of the fire danced around in his pupils, illuminating his blue irises.
——————

Bruce had fallen asleep on the couch, his mug of hot chocolate only a quarter full. Vance grabbed it, brushing past the sleeping boy and quietly making his way back into the kitchen. He had just placed the now clean mug onto a rack when a knock sounded from his front door. He quickly made his way to it, opening it slowly and signaling for the two boys on the other side to be quiet as his boyfriend was sleeping in the room over. Both boys nodded, slowly making their way into the small apartment and placing four medium sized boxes underneath the christmas tree that had been placed in the corner of the living room. When they turned around, Vance handed them both a mug of hot chocolate. They took them gratefully, slowly taking large gulps of the thick drink.

———————

Bruce work up an hour later, the setting sun causing the room to slightly glow. He noticed that the fire was put out but he was still warm. Taking a glance around, he saw three familiar faces. All three boys were asleep. Vance was in the chair next to him, a sleepy smile on his face. Robin and Finn were on the other sofa, limbs entangled with one another. Bruce smiled at the couple, his face warming from the sunlight.

"Hey, you're awake." Bruce turned his head to the side of him, smiling softly at the blonde who was now stretching his arms in the air. "It was a good sleep. How long was I out for?" Vance took a glance at the circular clock on the wall before looking back towards his boyfriend. "An hour I believe. I've probably been out for twenty minutes then." Bruce laughed quietly, patting the spot next to him to signal Vance over. The blonde happily complied, becoming engulfed in the green throw blanket as soon as he sat down. He gave Bruce a quick peck to the cheek, smiling as he saw the boy's face redden. "You're cute, y'know that?" Vance poked Bruce's cheek, laughing when the boy scrunched his face up. "Yeah, I've gotten told that quite a few times surprisingly." Vance jokingly rolled his eyes, turning Bruce's head towards his and properly giving him a kiss. Both boys smiled into the kiss, pressing their noses together.

"Ew get a room." The kissing stopped, Bruce flushing red and backing away slightly. Finn was rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, groggily mumbling something underneath his breath. Robin was smiling sleepily at him, their hands interlocked underneath their shared blanket.

Vance cleared his throat, licking his lips afterwards. "Great. Now that's everybody up, who wants to help make dinner?"
————

Robin had assisted Vance in making a ham, white rice, and boiled vegetables. The four boys sat the dining table, chatting softly while they ate their food. A new fire had been lit over the wood in the fireplace, once again illuminating the small area. After dinner, the boys crowded around the small television in the living room, watching a collection of christmas movies that had been currently playing. Finn smiled when 'Peanuts' came on, reminding him of someone he once knew. Robin grabbed his hand softly, quickly kissing him on the lips. Finn's face turned a soft pink, his smile slightly growing in size. Vance had an arm around Bruce's waist, their heads sitting against one another. The four boys soon fell asleep again, this time to the sound of 'Frosty the Snowman' playing quietly.

————

Finn was awake first, quickly jumping on the other boys when the sleep had left his body. The remaining boys woke with smiles on their faces, each one excited about opening presents. Finn went first, smiling wide when he was gifted a new set of astronomy tools. Bruce and Vance had bought him a miniature telescope to add onto it. Vance went next. Each boy had bought him a new record for the record player in his bedroom. He'd soon play them for Bruce, dancing and spinning him around in his room during the late hours of one special night. Then Robin opened his gifts. He was gifted three new bandannas, each color being a favorite of his best friends and boyfriend, as well as a new radio. He had accidentally broken his old one when he spilled water on it. Robin smiled brightly, thanking everyone in the room. Bruce went last. He definitely got the most thought out gifts. Finn had brought him a stuffed reindeer with a bright red nose, the tag on it reading 'A man's best friend." Robin gifted him a large stuffed polar bear, along with a slightly smaller one that looked like the larger one's cub. Vance's present for him was opened last. Bruce gasped when he saw it. It was a small box which contained a silver ring, embalmed on it was a short sentence reading 'I promise to eternally love you, VH". Bruce had cried after reading it, shoving his face into his boyfriend's neck as his tears soaked his shirt. Vance had whispered 'Merry Christmas baby' into his ear before he pulled away, wiping softly at his tears.

After presents had been opened, Finn left the room to retrieve yet another bag. This one contained two pairs of matching christmas sweaters. Robin and Finn's sweaters had a reindeer on it, whereas Vance and Bruce's had a snowman. The boys changed into their sweaters, smiling and laughing at each other after seeing how they looked.
————-

Finn and Robin spent Christmas night at Vance's, gulping down mug after mug of hot chocolate with their best friends.

From then on, that's how the four boys spent their Christmas holidays. With each other.