Rinney - The Reunion (9)

Finn made his way down the stairs to Bruce. When he reached his destination, he didn't like what he saw. Bruce sat there, an angry expression on his face, and the phone tightly gripped in his hands. Finn didn't know if he wanted to talk to who was on the other line. Vance was right behind him and beat him to asking the question.

"Who is it?"

Bruce gave Vance a look. Whatever the look meant, it wasn't good. Vance grabbed the phone from Bruce and put it up to his ear.

"What did I tell you earlier Arellano."

Finn's eyes widened. Before Vance could move, Finn had grabbed the phone away from him and had it pressed up against his right ear.

"Hi Robin."

Vance and Bruce looked at Finn. They were both pissed but they let him talk.

"Hey Finney Blake."

Finn loved but hated the way Robin said his name.

"What are you calling for."

There was a chuckle on the other side of the phone and a rustling sound.

"I said I wanted to apologize. I have no other choice but to do it over the phone, your friends would kill me in person if they saw me near you."

Finn smiled. He didn't mean to but he did.

"Finn I know I've been a dick. I've put my hands on you and treated you like you were nothing but a speck of dirt on the ground. I told you I'd never hurt you and I haven't stuck to my word. Finn, the truth is I've had a crush on you. I've had a crush on you for so long. I was scared of it and I thought it was wrong. I started hanging around Matty, Matt, and Buzz because they could help get my mind off of it. But that's also where I went wrong. One day I told them how I felt, stupid of me I know, and they told me if I didn't start helping them hurt you then they'd out me. They'd out to me the entire school. At the time, I was scared shitless. Now I'm just tired.

I miss you Finn."

Finn's heart felt like it had stopped beating. The air had left his lungs. His legs felt weak. Finn almost fell to the floor but luckily Vance caught him. Finn breathed out slowly.

"Finn?"

Right. Robin was still on the phone.

"I cant forgive you for what you've done Robin. I just can't. You turned in to someone I don't even recognize. Maybe someday in the future we could start over but not now."

Finn wanted to forgive Robin. He wanted to tell him they could go back to being friends. But he knew that wouldn't work. Robin had hurt him, just like he said.

"I understand."

Robin had hung up. Vance let out a string of curses while Bruce sat there comforting Finn. The boy curled into Bruce's chest and let out loud wails. Bruce rubbed his back soothingly. Finn, deep down, was happy that Robin had apologized. It felt like a weight had lifted off of him. But that lifted weight also left the boy feeling empty. Finn cried harder. Vance was now at his side, hands in Finn's hair stroking his scalp soothingly.

Finn knew he'd be okay as long as he had his two best friends. That didn't mean that his problems with Robin hurt any less.
_

Authors note: I think this is the last part to this. I cant think of any other way to end it. I know it sucks I'm sorry 😕💔 I love you guys.