Rinney - The Reunion

Finn and Robin were the best of friends. Until they weren't.

"Robin just tell me what I did wrong! Please! I promise I'll fix it. I'll do anything! Just don't leave me. Please don't leave me."

Finn already had his mother leave him. He didn't think he could do this again with another person close to him.

"Maybe I just don't like you anymore Finn. Ever thought of that? You're so stuck being sad about stuff that you can't even see that people stopped liking being around you!" Robin had yelled at the shorter boy that was shaking in front of him.

It was raining that day. The two were outside and they were soaked. Finn remembers thinking that the weather that day expressed how he was feeling inside.

When Robin had finished yelling, Finn's face was covered in both rain drops and tears. His entire body was shaking but was surprisingly stuck in place. Robin just stared at him before walking off towards his home.

That was also the day Finn met Vance and Bruce.

After Robin had left Finn shaking in the rain, Finn had slumped against the wall of the grab n' go with his head tucked between his knees and sobbed his heart out. His body became worn out quickly and the small boy ended up sleeping in that position. After the rain had cleared, Bruce and Vance had walked out of the small store. They were laughing about Bruce's inability to work the pinball game before Vance's eyes met the sleeping body of Finney Blake. He and Bruce had stopped their conversation and decided to approach the small figure leant up against the wall. Vance poked at Finn's head before the boy he was touching groggily lifted his head up and looked at the two crouched in front of him. His eyes were bloodshot and his face looked swollen from all the crying. Bruce immediately frowned. Vance had asked Finn what happened, the small boy summarizing the interaction he had with Robin in return. Bruce's frown only deepened as Vance turned to him, also feeling a twinge of sadness for the poor boy against the wall.

Bruce and Vance silently agreed to take the boy under their wing and protect him from whoever this 'Robin' guy was.

That takes us to the current day.
4 years later.

The boys are now in high school, their junior year. Robin has been spotted with a new group of friends. Finn tries not to care, but he still doesn't know what he did wrong that day. At least he has Vance and Bruce with him now.
——

"So what are we doing this weekend?"

Vance had his arm 'round Finney's shoulders as Bruce dug through his locker for his english folder.

"I don't know. We could go to the drive-in?"

Bruce smiled at Vance's response to his question. Movie nights were the group's thing. It was special for them. That was the first thing the three did as a group after finding Finn and decided to make it tradition after a couple months.

"Can we go watch Texas Chainsaw Massacre?"

Vance and Bruce looked at Finn with puzzled expressions. He was never one to really indulge in anything remotely scary, especially horror movies. Every time the trio would go to the drive-in, they'd watch either a sci-fi or comedy movie. Bruce and Vance didn't mind, they always kept Finn happy so why should they be upset about it?

Finn shrugged, knocking Vance's arm off his shoulders softly, before narrowing his eyes at his two friends. Bruce finally found his folder and fully stood up, his back making a satisfied popping noise in response.

"Pretty please. I promise not to scream at the scary parts."

Vance and Bruce looked at each other, then at Finn who stood against Bruce's now closed locker. The two boys shrugged and nodded at Finn.

Finn smiled brightly. His smile dropped not even a second after when he spotted a boy with a grey bandanna staring at him. Bruce looked in the direction that Finn's eyes had traveled to but he didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

Robin had walked away.