Rinney - Lazy Day

The cooking steps for the food listed in this one-shot is not accurate, I made it shorter for the purpose of the story.
——————————————————————————
Finn jolted out of his sleep, his body drenched in a cold sweat. The boy lying next to him turned around, rubbing at his eyes slowly to rid them of sleep. "Finn? What's going on?" The boy in question shook his head, his brain running so fast that it was making him nonverbal. Robin sat up, now fully awake and looking at Finn worriedly. He had seen this before. "Did you have the nightmare again?" Finn, still unable to speak non-broken words, nodded his head. Robin sighed, placing a comforting hand on the other boy's back. Finn rocked back and forth slowly, attempting to soothe his brain enough for him to sleep once more. Robin kept his hand where it was, awaiting for the boy to calm his nerves. When Finn could no longer hear his heartbeat through his ears, he laid back down with his back facing Robin. Tears were welled up in his eyes, making his vision blurry and splotchy. Robin laid down as well, removing his hand from the boy's back and sliding it instead over his side. "Finn. You don't have to hide your tears from me." A sniffle was heard, Finn wiping at his warm eyes. He shifted slightly, turning around towards his boyfriend. His face was red and tear-stained, a sad smile playing on his lips as his eyes met Robin's. Said boy cupped his boyfriend's face, bringing him in close for a soft, comforting kiss. It soothed Finn in the slightest amount. Enough for him to fall back asleep. Robin watched over him as his eyes closed slowly and a soft set of snores came from his mouth. Leaning close to Finn's ear, Robin whispered a comforting phrase. "I'm going to protect you Finn. Always." Finn smiled in his sleep, the tears that were once staining his face now fully dried and sunk deep into his skin. Robin smiled down at him before he too fell asleep.
————

The following morning, Finn woke to a cold and half-empty bed. He moved the covers closer to him, pulling them upwards toward his chest. His eyes traveled over to his nightstand, a flash of white catching his attention. It was a small note, Robin's handwriting. Finn picked it up, watching as it fluttered softly between his fingers due to the small gusts of wind coming from the opened bedroom window. His eyes narrowed as he read the letter.

"Went grocery shopping. Be back in no time. :)"

Finn placed the letter back in it's prior spot. He moved his feet from out of the blanket they were wrapped in, placing them on the floor underneath. He shivered slightly, moving a blanket over his shoulders and proceeding to stand. After the boy was fully stood, he bounded over to the open window and shut it softly. His lips curled upwards into a smile, welcoming the warmth of the home without the harsh chill of the outside air disturbing it. Finn decided to read as he waited for his boyfriend to return home. The blanket still wrapped around his slender body swayed back and forth as he walked, almost resulting in him tripping over it several times. After several minutes, the boy made it to the small bookshelf in the corner of the living room. His eyes scanned over the collection of books he and Robin had gathered over the years of being together. A red comic caught his eye, his hand immediately reaching forward and grabbing it from the shelf. Finn settled on the couch, once again wrapping the blanket tightly over himself as he began to read.
————

Finn's eyes snapped open, the smell of aromatic spices filling his nostrils. The boy blinked several times, clearing his foggy vision. When his eyes had focused, he found Robin at the stove, stirring something in large pot. He was swaying lightly to some song that was on the radio in the kitchen, a smile playing on his lips. Finn quietly stood from the couch, placing the comic that had become sprawled out on his chest back on the shelf. He made his way to his boyfriend, startling him as his hands slid around his waist and pulled him close. "When did you get home?" His voice was hoarse, deep from recently waking up. Robin's face reddened, his body becoming warm at the physical contact he was receiving from his boyfriend. He cleared his throat, turning his head slightly so it was more into Finn's chest. "At least 45 minutes ago." Finn nodded, licking his lips as the smell of Robin's cooking once again came in contact with his nostrils. The scent made his brain foggy. "What're you making love?" Robin smiled. He always had a thing for pet names. "Menudo. Wanna taste?" Finn nodded, smiling as his boyfriend held a spoon to his lips. He opened his mouth, allowing the food to be put onto his tongue. He smiled as the flavors melted away on his tastebuds, leaving his face warm from the heated substance. "It tastes amazing Robin." Said boy smiled, washing off the spoon quickly before stirring the pot once more with it. "Good, because it's done now. Could you grab two bowls?" Finn nodded, grinning excitedly. He opened a cabinet door, grabbing two glass bowls from it before closing it back. He placed the two bowls onto the counter next to the stove, watching as Robin filled them with the delicious food he had cooked. After the bowls were filled, Robin handed one to Finn along with a clean spoon. The two boys sat side by side at their small dining table, Finn interlocking their hands and imitating a quick prayer. Said boy began to ask Robin about his time at the store, smiling when the other boy told about seeing their close friends Bruce and Vance. The two boys had adopted a daughter a few months ago, naming her Gwendolyn Jr. at the request of Finn's younger sister. Robin had saw the little girl with the couple that day, smiling wide when she had held his finger in the palm of her tiny hand.

After the two were done eating, a movie was put on. It was an old romantic comedy, filling Finn's stomach with butterflies when certain scenes reminded him of Robin. The couple ended up falling asleep soon after, their heads leaning against each other and hands interlocked.
———

kinda short, hope you guys liked it <3.