Rinney - Actual Reunion

Ask and you shall receive 😘

——

Robin Arellano had presumably fallen off the face of the earth after his last talk with Finney Blake. He had apologized. He had gotten that weight off of his chest that he had kept buried deep inside all of those years. When he didn't know what else he could do to get the boy back, he disappeared.

Well, he disappeared until Finn spotted him that night at a college party. This is how it went.
_

Vance had begged and begged Bruce and Finn to go to a college party with them. Bruce didn't want to go because he didn't want to get mixed in with the wrong crowd. Finn didn't want to go because he knew no one besides the two boys next to him.

But Vance was really annoying when it came to something he wanted. So, sadly, the two boys gave in. Vance smiled deviously before whisking his keys from his stand and grabbing the hands of his best friends. Finn and Bruce groaned as they were aggressively dragged to Vance's beat up truck and sat inside of it.

Vance smiled even wider as he pulled out of and away from the house him and his two best friends shared. Bruce and Finn shared a look.

They were so going to regret this.
——

The trio had only been at the party for an hour and Vance was already fighting to keep his balance steady. He swears to the two other boys he didn't drink too much but his posture and slurred voice told otherwise. Bruce told Finn that he'd take Vance home and come back for him afterwards.

Finn agreed.

After his two best friends left, Finn went to find a less crowded room that he could relax in while he waited for Bruce's return. He ended up walking in to a tiny room littered with papers and random sized bean bag chairs. His eyes traveled to a big blue one and he quickly made his way over to it. Finn relaxed instantly when his body sunk in to the soft chair. He sighed quietly, taking his phone out and scrolling through different social media apps to pass time.

"Finney 'the fag' Blake? Is that really you?"

Finn's blood ran cold almost instantly. He hasn't heard that name in years. He lowered his phone and looked at the source of the voice.

Matty.

"You gonna respond fairy or are you just gonna sit there?"
..
"Can you shut up. I'm just waiting on a ride."

Finn was quickly reminded of how much Matty hates being disrespected. Finn's face hadn't been hit in years. He felt almost nostalgic about it. His vision blurred ever so slightly and he tried to control his balance by grabbing whatever was closest to him. Apparently, Matty thought he was trying to grab a weapon. A hand gripped Finn's shoulder, harshly turning him around. A punch to his stomach followed. Finn doubled over. Now he really felt nostalgic. Out of the corner of his eye, Finn saw Matty reach for an empty bottle.

Oh shit.

Finn braced himself for impact. It never came. Instead, he heard another voice.

"Qué carajo estás haciendo?"

Finn's eyes widened. He hadn't heard that voice in so long. Not since..

"Finn?"

Finn visibly froze. He slowly turned towards the person talking.

"Hi Robin. Been awhile."
_

Robin had helped Finn to the restroom, making sure Matty knew not to follow or try anything. When the two boys made it to the bathroom, Robin stayed outside. Finn gave him a weird look.

"You can come in Robin. I don't mind."

Robin blushed bright red, embarrassed for being scared of being in an enclosed space with the other boy. Finn almost laughed before remembering who the boy was. Before remembering what he did to him.

Finn winced in pain, clutching his side tightly as if it would fall apart at any given moment. Robin's eyes widened and he stepped in to the bathroom next to the boy. He closed the door softly and made sure it was locked before fully facing Finn.

"Let me see."

Finn slowly raised his shirt up. Robin's eyes became a shade darker before they returned back to normal when he looked at the boy the bruises belonged to.

"I'm sorry."

Finn was confused. He let his shirt fall back down and tilted his head a bit to the side, eyeing Robin with a confused expression.

"You didn't do anything Robin."
..
"I used to leave marks on you that looked identical to these. I'm so fucking sorry Finn."

Robin sounded close to tears. Finn faced him completely. The last time Robin had apologized was 2 years ago. Finn hadn't seen or heard of him since.

Robin's face was a dark red. His eyes were glossed over and his lips trembled ever so slightly. Finn knew he was being genuine. He knew deep deep down that the Robin that was apologizing was the same Robin he had been best friends with all that time ago.

So Finn did what he used to do in these situations.
He hugged Robin.
He hugged him while he sobbed violently against his chest, only letting go when the cries lessened to mere sniffles.

Robin looked at Finn. Tears still glistened in the corners of his eyes.
"Do you hate me?"

Finn was slightly taken aback. Did he hate Robin? He used to. He definitely used to. But now? Finn doesn't think he hates Robin anymore.

"No. No I don't."

Robin sent Finn a small smile, wiping at the small tears about to spill out of his eyes. Finn smiled back at him.

Finn decided then and there that he forgave Robin for everything. He'd tell Bruce and Vance about it in the morning.

Little did he know that Bruce had been listening. He got back to the party 15 minutes ago. Once he saw Matty crying near the window, he knew.

He was happy for Finn.
_

Authors Note: I don't know if this is good based off of the other chapters but 😇