shapes and sunlight

"i like sleeping in your clothes."

the sun had just taken its first look above ground. pink, yellow, and orange swirled throughout the sky, painting it a sickly ocean of pastel. the bedroom smelled like lavender and vanilla, the scents intertwined softly. it was nice.

finney had his eyes closed, smiling gently as robin's hands carded through this messy, sleep-induced curls. robin leaned close to him, his breath grazing finney's skin as he nuzzled their noses together. the action was silly, child-like. still, finney found it endearing.

"you always take my clothes. i barely see you in your own." robin rubbed gentle circles into finney's exposed hips, smiling at the way finney poured with half-opened eyes. "your clothes are just.. better."

finney snuggled closer to robin, hiding himself from the sunlight as he put his hands under robin's shirt. he could feel the warmth of robin's skin against his fingers. robin hummed contently and pressed a kiss to finney's temple, as if he knew finney would like that.

finney could do this everyday. wake up to robin holding him, cradling him like he was the most fragile thing in the world. being pepper-kissed on his eyelids and forehead, not even slightly phased by the smell of morning breath. the smell wasn't even that bad. robin always smelt like bitter coffee and wine, a weird mix but finney liked it.

"you're really pretty." robin's breath was nothing but a whisper, a melody that tripped along the glow of the sun. finney looked up at him, a smile creeping along his lips as his eyes wandered along robin's face. "can i kiss you?"

the question was loud, almost deafening, and robin found himself smiling. his jaw hurt, but not really. he didn't mind. not when finney was looking up at him, anticipating an action with a pouted lip and soft eyelashes that batted against his silk-like skin.

who was he to say no to that face?

"course." robin moved his hands away from finney's face, almost laughing when a disapproving whine echoed through the room. "shush, come here." 

robin put his hands alongside finney's face and pulled him close. he licked his own lips once before pressing his mouth to finney's, his hands moving on their own to card through his hair once more.

finney felt as if he was melting, drowning in the creaky mattress that he'd come to love. his stomach felt queasy with butterflies, his hands still burning with the feeling of robin's somewhat chubby stomach underneath them.

after a moment, robin moved away from finney. after all, he needed to breath just as much as the next.

"that was.. that was nice." finney's face was flushed, a light hue of pink glistening against his freckles as he hid his head in robin's chest. he felt a low rumble of a laugh against him, the feeling of a hand rubbing circles into his back softly.

"god, i love you."