Rinney - Hurt Heart (2)

"Hey guys. Can I talk to you Finn."

It was more of a statement than a question.

"Whatever you have to say, you can say it here." Finn replied, leaning more into Vance. Bruce eyed Robin with a deep frown. His feelings towards the boy weren't so great at the moment.

"Okay. I think we should stop seeing each other. I've found someone else." Robin stated in a monotone voice. Finn's heart dropped. His chest started to feel tight as tears welled up in his eyes. Vance signaled for Bruce to come over and handle Finn, that way he could handle Robin. Bruce obliged, now taking Vance's place behind Finney. He ran a hand through Finn's hair, calming the younger boy down slowly.

Vance stood up and got in front of Robin who was on his way to the girl he was 'oh so currently in love with'. "The fuck is up with you dude. How could you treat Finn like that." The blonde shouted. Robin only shrugged. He seemed okay with the situation, as if he didn't just hurt the one person always there for him. Vance grabbed one of Robin's arms, turning him around. "Answer me fuckface." He spoke, staring down at Robin who kept a straight face. "I like girls Vance. Not boys. Not Finn." The tan boy said, yanking his arm back from the other.

This made Vance angrier. One of his best friends were currently crying and heartbroken, the cause of the problem not even showing an ounce of regret. He doesn't know exactly what happened, but he does know he unconsciously swung on the boy in front of him.

"What the fuck Vance."

The blonde wasn't all there. Not mentally. His only goal was to get revenge for what Robin had done to Finney. His vision was black, but he heard himself speaking to Robin.

"This. This is for Finn. You ungrateful selfish ass bitch."

Vance was now fighting while blacked-out. He didn't miss one punch or kick that he threw to the other boy. When his vision came back, Vance immediately looked down to his hands. They surprisingly didn't look too bad. There wasn't too much blood on them, nor were his knuckles bruised too badly. Vance lifted his head and looked in front of him. Robin stood there, a hand on his stomach. A bruise was slowly forming on his cheek, different size cuts were littered on his face and arms. When he looked up, he locked eyes with Vance.

"Don't contact Finn again. If you do, I'll make sure you look way worse than you do now."

Robin didn't respond to the threat. Instead, he spit a string of blood onto the floor and walked away. A hand was still holding his stomach as he was seen leaving the cafeteria. He didn't look back.

_

Bruce and Finn had seen everything happen that day. In their minds, Robin had it coming. No one messes with Vance's friends and gets away with it unharmed. This doesn't mean that Finn didn't, deep deep down, still care for Robin. He did want the boy to suffer as much as he did, but he also missed him. He missed Robin's laugh and his smile. His horror movie obsession. But what could he possibly do about that. After all, Vance basically banned the two from seeing each other. Speaking of Vance, Finn and Bruce had been staying at his house for a couple weeks now. Finn hated being home with his drunken and abusive father while Gwen was safe at someone else's house. Bruce didn't really have any specific reason, he just wanted to be in the presence of his friends. Vance's parents were never home, meaning the boys could stay as long as needed or wanted.

_

The three boys were sat on the sofa in Vance's living room. ''The Exorcist' was being played on the television, each boy cuddled up against one another. Finn was in the middle, Vance on his right and Bruce on his left. Bruce had his head on Finn's shoulder, every now and then shielding his face away with it. Vance's hand was interlocked with Finn's as a show of comfort for each scary scene. One particular scary scene had just began playing out when Vance's phone started to ring. Finn shot up out his position, startling both boys who were latched to him, and ran to the phone. He knew he had approximately 5 seconds before Vance entered the kitchen where Finn and the phone were, and demanded to know who was on the other line. With that in mind, Finn quickly grabbed the phone and answered it.

"Hopper Residence. Finney Blake speaking."
..
"Hey Finn. It's Robin."

Finn felt his heart stop beating for a second. His breathing became rushed as he fumbled over what to say.

"Finn you there?" Robin spoke once more. Finn tried to gather his emotions and speak.

"H-"
..
"Finn. Who are you talking to?"

Vance stood in the entrance of the kitchen, his eyes on the phone gripped in Finn's hand. Finn mentally cursed himself for taking so long to speak.

"No one. No one is on the phone." Finn spoke, mentally facepalming at how stupid he just sounded. Of course someone was on the phone. Vance tilted his head. "Really? Let me see." The blonde insisted as he stepped closer to Finn. "No Vance, really. It's not necessary." Finn spoke, taking a step back. Vance softly grabbed Finn's arm, taking the phone from his hand.

"Hello? This is Vance Hopper."
..
"Hey Vance..."

Vance glared at Finn after realizing who the voice on the other line belonged to. Finn, once again, mentally cursed himself.

"Robin. What are you calling for?" Vance said through his teeth. Bruce had now entered the kitchen as well, confused on what was going on. His confusion didn't last long as Vance had now removed the phone from his ear, making Robin's voice now echo throughout the room.

"Can you guys meet me somewhere? I need to explain what happened." Robin's voice crackled through the phone's speaker. Vance glanced at the other two boys who nodded in response.

"What place and time."

_