Brance - 'That Should Be Me'

requested!
'Watch as she stands with her, holding your hand
Put your arm 'round her shoulder, now I'm getting colder
But how could I hate her? She's such an angel
But then again, kinda wish she were dead'
———

Bruce watched in silence as Vance and his girlfriend walked down the hall, hands interlocked between them and smiles on their faces. Bruce averted his gaze, instead looking towards his best friend who dug through his locker next to him. The boy looked at him, eyes glancing over to the couple and back.

"He's the one missing out Bruce. If he can't see how great of a person you are, it's his loss."

Bruce barely acknowledged the words, absentmindedly nodding his head as his friend continued to rummage through his locker.

Right, Vance was the one at a loss. Bruce shook his head at the thought, glancing at the couple one last time. He frowned at their happiness, upset that they looked good together and upset that he was upset about it.

Yeah, Vance was the one at a loss.
—————
Bruce stared at himself in the mirror, looking at all the minor 'flaws' he had on his face. He pushed his hands into the side of his head, squishing his face closer together as if it would fix what he didn't like. He sighed, removing his hands when the face squishing didn't quite work out. Bruce walked out of the bathroom, dragging his feet across the floor lazily as he had no motivation to move himself anywhere. He gazed at the clothes messily thrown around his room, picking out random items that he felt looked okay if they were to be put together.

The boy slid on a plain gray shirt, black cargo pants, and a pair of gray converse. He pulled a gray hoodie over his head as well, brushing his hair afterwards to make sure there were no loose strands. He looked at himself once more, this time through the mirror in his room. He sighed quietly, moving away from the glass reflection and towards his backpack. He picked it up gently and threw it over his shoulder before exiting his room, as well as the house, and making his way to school.
———
Bruce walked down the road, glancing at the other people walking to wherever their destination was. The boy always found this time of morning peaceful, the sun just beginning to rise and the earth smelling of rainwater as the world began to wake up from its slumber. Bruce smiled to himself, slowing his pace just a tiny bit to really look at his surroundings. He spotted a tiny red rose in front of him and immediately bent down to grab it, picking it gently from its spot in the ground.

"Well aren't you a pretty little thing."

Bruce smiled at the small rose, tucking it gently in the pocket of his pants. He continued on his walk, gazing down at the other flowers he passed as he made his way to school. The sun had begun to rise higher, illuminating the town with its glowing rays. Bruce rolled the sleeves up on his hoodie, already beginning to work up a sweat. He smiled when the school came into view.

Bruce pushed through the crowds of people surrounding the entrance doors, annoyed that he was already hot. He sighed in relief when he crashed through the doors, automatically being hit with a wave of cool air. Bruce quickly made his way to his locker, glad that it was directly next to his best friend's.

"Hey Finn! Hey Robin." The two boys looked at Bruce, waving with smiles as he approached the lockers. "Hey man. How's your morning going?" Bruce shrugged, putting his combination into the small lock on his locker. "It's going okay I guess. How's yours Robin?" The other boy smiled at Finn, bumping him gently on the shoulder. "It's going good." Bruce smiled at him before opening his locker. "Finn? How's your morning going?" Finn smiled as well, tossing a glance to Robin. "Mine is going good as well." Bruce nodded his head, taking a notebook and pencil from his book bag before tossing it into his locker and shutting the small door. Bruce turned towards the two, frowning when he saw who was behind them. Robin gave him a confused look, turning around and frowning as well when his eyes settled on two people.

Vance and Iris.

Robin turned back around to Bruce, having opened his mouth to say something but shutting it back quickly when he saw that the boy was already walking to class.

"Oh, uh, see you around then Bruce? Bye!"
———
Bruce settled into his seat, immediately putting his head in his arms that were placed on his desk. He only had 7 hours to go. He could do this.

"Hey, uh, do you have a pencil I could borrow by any chance?" Bruce put his head up from where it lay in his arms, blushing instantly when he was met face to face with the blonde he was crushing on. "I'm sorry, uh, no I don't have a, uh, I don't have another pencil. Sorry." Bruce grimaced at himself, embarrassed that it took him so long to spit the sentence out. Vance smiled at him, nodding his head before he turned around and walked to someone else to ask the same question. Bruce sighed, scratching at the hair on his head absentmindedly.

Just seven more hours.
———
After the beginning classes were over, Bruce made his way to lunch. He walked there quickly, not necessarily wanting to be stuck in the different groups of people making their way to the cafeteria. Once the boy got there, he moved fast to his lunch table, sliding into his seat immediately. His two friends weren't there yet so he had no one to talk to for a few minutes.

"Hey again. Um, I'm Vance. Is it okay if I sit here?"

Bruce turned towards the blonde, a shocked expression on his face. He nodded his head silently, forcing his mouth to close. "Uh, go ahead. Yeah." Vance, once again, smiled at him. He sat next to Bruce, placing his leg against his without meaning to. Bruce blushed, avoiding looking at the other boy in attempts to rid himself of it.

Finn and Robin sat down shortly after, both smiling knowingly at their friend. Vance waved at them, smiling as he received waves back

"Hey. I'm Finn, this is Robin. I'm sure you and Bruce have met. If you haven't, that'd be weird considering you were sitting here with him before we got here." Finn awkwardly laughed at the end, averting his eyes from the blonde's blank stare he was giving. Robin laughed as well, looking between Vance and Bruce subtly.

"So uh, Vance, I thought you and your girlfriend usually sat together at lunch." The blonde shrugged, poking at the food on the tray in front of him. "We broke up, actually." All three boys stopped what they were doing, looking at each other at the same time with incredulous looks. "What h-happened with her?" Bruce anxiously tapped his foot, forgetting that Vance's leg was against his. The blonde set his hand gently on the boy's thigh, staring at him softly. "I guess some people just don't work out. I'm pretty sure I like someone else anyways." Vance moved his gaze away from Bruce to look at the other two boys. Finn and Robin bumped fists before he looked over, smiling at him when he did. "Oh, can we ask who's the special person you've found interest in?"

"Not yet. But trust me, you'll be the first ones to know."
————
the plot probably made no sense.. but i hope you guys liked it <3.