'the one where brance gets rinney together'

^
——

Bruce watched intently as Robin's hand rested over Finn's. The boy seemed to have unconsciously put it there and neither boy has noticed yet. Or, they have noticed it but haven't said anything about it.

Vance, who was sat next to Bruce, eyed the two boys in front of him as well. Sometimes Vance wondered if being that oblivious could damage one's brain.

Finn moved slightly, triggering Robin to remove his hand quickly. Finn looked at his hand, then at Robin's, then at Robin himself. He shrugged before continuing to eat his lunch.

Bruce sighed, rubbing a hand down his face in attempts to clear the annoyed look he was now wearing. Vance rubbed a comforting hand on his leg, smiling at him in the process. Bruce relaxed slightly, smiling back at his boyfriend.

Bruce leaned closer to Vance, whispering a hushed sentence into his ear. The blonde gave a small smile and nod then began to poke at the food on his tray for the remainder of the lunch period.
———

The dismissal bell blared loudly throughout the school, signaling that it was finally the end of the school day. Vance and Bruce walked through the halls hand-in-hand, looking through different classrooms for their two friends. They spotted Robin first, muttering quick hello's to each other before they set off once more to find Finn.

Bruce's stomach felt weird. Like something had happened. He let go of Vance's hand, sprinting to the bathroom.

Vance and Robin ran as well as soon as Bruce's scream was heard down the hall in the direction he had ran.

Robin was enraged. Finn laid there on the floor, seemingly motionless. He still had a heartbeat but his body was in terrible condition. He had a black eye, a bruised jaw, a cut and busted lip, as well as several other bruises on his arms. He looked terrible.
———

When Finn opened his eyes, he was immediately blinded by a white light. It seared through his eyelids, making him see orange and red specks even through his closed eyes. He tried to sit up, but was stopped by a warm hand on his chest.

"Hey buddy."

Finn smiled, wincing in pain from his cut and busted lip. Robin frowned at the sight, wanting to beat the ever living shit out of the people who did this to his boy.

"Where's Vance and Bruce?"

Robin laughed. Leave it to Finn to worry about everyone else when he's in the hospital.

"They just went to get some snacks. Should be back soon."

Finn smiled at the response, shifting his body into a more comfortable laying position. Robin swallowed thickly, wanting to ask Finn a question but not knowing how he'd respond.

"Hey Finn?"
"Hm?"
"Who did this to you?"

Finn stopped his movements, squinting his eyes open just enough to make out the outline of Robin. He debated on telling him, knowing if he did that someone could possibly get killed. Finn shook his head softly, signaling that he wasn't going to answer the question. Robin sighed but didn't push further.

"Hey! You're awake."

Finn smiled but his eyes remained closed. They hurt too much to open them. Vance watched Robin carefully. He seemed anxious, maybe nervous, but he wasn't uncomfortable.

"Hey Robin. Can we talk?"

Robin gave one last look to Finn before silently leaving the room with Vance.
——

"So?"
"I know you like him. Maybe even love him. It's very obvious."

Robin gulped. His eyes looked down to his shoes, a red blush creeping onto his cheeks. Vance smiled at him, ruffling his hair a bit.

"I say go for it. Not right now, but when the time is right. You'll know when, you'll feel it in your heart."

Robin nodded, taking the words in carefully. Vance smiled at him again before making his way back to Finn's hospital room. Robin went to the vending machine, getting a bag of skittles for Finn. He smiled down at the bag, thinking of the first time Finn had shared some with him. Grabbing the bag tightly in his hands, he made his way back to Finn's room as well.
———

It took Finn a couple of days to recover from his injuries. His friends stayed by his side throughout his time at the hospital, especially Robin.

———

It was now a Saturday night. Finn and Robin were walking through the park, talking softly to each other about anything they could think of. Robin had told Finn about a grade he got on an algebra test, with Finn's help it was a B+. Robin's smile when he had told Finn made Finn's heart melt. He was so happy. Robin looked up to the sky, gazing at the stars hung above him.

"One day I'm gonna name a star after you Finney Blake."

Finn had chuckled at the statement, blushing profusely when Robin looked at him with a serious face. He too looked up at stars above, smiling softly as he mentally traced out the constellations.

Robin stared at Finn, taking in just how beautiful he looked.

("I say go for it. Not right now, but when the time is right. You'll know when, you'll feel it in your heart.")

Robin knew then that this was the moment. He felt it in his heart.

"I'm in love with you Finn."

Finn looked at Robin in shock, his eyes turning glossy. Robin stepped towards him, engulfing him in a hug.

"I'm so in love with you."

Finn was now crying into his shoulder, Robin rubbed his back comfortingly.

"I'm in love with you too Robin."

Robin smiled at that, tearing up as well.
———-

The next day, Finn and Robin told their two best friends the news of them being together. They shared a confused look when Bruce and Vance high-fived, oblivious to the plan they had made less than a week ago.

Bruce leaned closer to Vance, whispering a hushed sentence into his ear.

"The next time you have the opportunity to speak to Robin alone, I want you to let him know that you know of his crush on Finn. Offer him some advice or something. I'll try to do the same with Finn."

Vance smiled, giving Bruce a small nod as well before continuing with his lunch
———