Rinney - 'Smoking'

requested (?)
tw: child abuse
—————

It had been a few weeks since Finn had pranked Robin. Well, if you could call what he did a prank. Anyways, Robin has since been trying to figure out a way to get the boy back. He's thought of a few things but nothing has really stuck out to him.
———

Robin pushed his feet against the wall, huffing loudly as his desk chair he was sat in rolled backwards and spun slightly. He couldn't call Vance or Bruce to ask them about what prank he should do, knowing deep down that they'd tell Finn of his plans. He wanted to do something that he knew would affect the other boy, but not anything too major. Robin knew only a small group of things that Finn didn't like, which involved loud noises, crowds, smoking, alcohol, and bullies. Robin smiled to himself when his mind landed on one thing in particular.

Smoking.

The only problem was that he didn't know where he'd get cigarettes. More importantly, who'd give them to him. Robin moved his chair back to his desk, leaning his elbows against the surface of it and placing his head atop of them, rubbing at his temples. He couldn't go to a gas station, especially not a close one, they'd definitely phone his mother if he even glimpsed at a pack on the shelf. He couldn't go to one of the older kids at his school, well he could, just didn't want to. Robin kicked his foot against the wall, wincing softly when the impact shot pain through his leg as well. There was only one person he could go to that he knew wouldn't question him about getting a pack. Robin groaned, pushing himself backwards once again.

He'd have to go to Vance.
———
Robin cursed underneath his breath as he knocked on his friend's door, mentally questioning on if he should just turn around and go back home. The door swung open, knocking him from his thoughts and almost off the porch he was stood on. "Oh! Hey Robin. What's going on?" Vance's face was red and his hair was all tangled. If Robin didn't know any better, he'd only think he had been taking a nap. Robin coughed, scratching at the back of his neck. "Uh, sorry if I interrupted- I was just wondering if you had a pack of, uh, cigarettes I could have." He looked down towards his shoes, face reddening in embarrassment. Vance stared at him for a moment before smiling. "Wow, Robin Arellano asking for a pack of cigs? Never thought I'd see the day. Yeah, I do. Give me a minute. You can come if you'd like." Robin lifted his head up, nodding silently as he made his way inside behind the blonde.

Vance left immediately to go and find the pack of cigarettes he had, leaving Robin sitting on the couch by himself. The boy sighed, rubbing his hands together as he thought of how he'd pull of this prank. He could ask Finn to hangout and be accidentally smoking when he got there. Robin shook his head, clearing that thought. He could show up to Finn's house, cigarette in his mouth, and when the boy opens the door he could quickly drop it and put it out as if he was trying to hide it. Robin sighed once more, running a hand through his hair. This pranking shit was hard.

Vance came back some minutes later, smiling as he handed Robin a 10-pack of cigarettes. Robin smiled at him as well, taking the pack gently from the boy's hands. "Uh, thank you Vance. I appreciate this a lot." The blonde nodded his head at the thanks he got. "You're welcome Robin." Robin cleared his throat awkwardly, making his way back to the front door. "Uh, see you around then. I'll be going now." Vance nodded again, opening the door for the other boy and closing it back when Robin fully stepped outside.

How was he going to pull this off?
————
Robin inspected the pack of cigarettes, taking one out for further examination. He had it the small item at least an inch from his eyeball, looking at each detail marked on it. He flinched, jumping back a step and almost falling when someone coughed loudly in front of him. Robin caught himself, blinking twice to refocus his vision.