keep me in your pocket, radiation in my bones

-
Finn's soft laughs echoed throughout the room, radiating nothing but joy into the air. Robin placed small kisses on his head, smiling at the way his lips upturned and his eyes shined with happiness.

"I love you." The words were a murmur, quickly spoken through love-stained lips. Finn pecked Robin's nose, cheeks burning a bright vermilion. "I love you too."
-

Finn had loved Robin since middle school, somewhere in the shade of the boy protecting him and the color wheel of his smile, Finn had loved him.

Robin was a human scrapbook for him, full of memories and happiness, a smile that could give the world life if it needed to. Finn loved his smile. He loved how the boy's eyes would crinkle and his cheeks would burn bright pink, illuminated in the evening sun after their many hangouts.

Finn loved Robin.

Robin had loved Finn since he had laid eyes on him. Somewhere in the midst of normality, the slowness of a boring city, sat the prettiest boy he'd ever seen. Robin had knew he had loved him when they'd hung out for the first time, the other's fingers leaving a ghost trail of warmth on his arm after they had watched that one horror movie.

Finn was Robin's rock. His home. Finn was safety, someone he'd go to in a heartbeat. Despite Robin being the protector out of the two, Finn was his own in a way. Finn sent away the sadness, cruelty, and provided him with happiness, smiles and sunshine.

Yeah, Robin loved Finn.

Vance had been the first to notice how close the two boys were. Robin, with his arm looped around Finn. Finn, with the biggest grin on his rose-colored face.

Vance had told Bruce about it, not fond of the idea of a yelling Robin after he'd expose his biggest secret.

Bruce had noticed quite quickly after that. Finn with sharpie-hearts on his hand, marked with the letter R and a smiley face. Robin, with his friendship bracelet that he seemed to never take off.

Though Gwen was a relative to one of the boys, she was weirdly the last to notice. It was quite funny when she caught on, mouth slightly parted and eyes wide. A smile passed over her face and she brightened, a new pep in her step as she eyed the two boys.

Finn, with his Robin. Robin, with his Finn.

Robin had initiated the first date, a bouquet of roses and daises in his right hand as he knocked on Finn's window with a smile. It went unspoken for him to do such a thing.

The sun was setting, the boys' shadows stretching along the concrete in irregular ways. Finn had smelled his flowers a count of ten times, not including the time he stuck his nose atop of them when Robin had first handed the bouquet to him.

Finn had been led to a reserved place. Flowers covered the area, wind blowing through them with the rush of water dribbling from the small waterfall behind them. Finn had gaped, shocked with awe as Robin nudged him with fondness.

"It's beautiful Robin."
"I thought you'd like it."

Finn had surprised Robin on his birthday with a pair of shoes. Not just any shoes. No, a matching pair to Finn's. While one of them had converse, the other had vans.

Robin didn't know the symbolism, but Finn did.

-

Robin's hands occupied themselves in Finn's hair, grazing through the strands of it softly. Finn smiled at him, closing his eyes for only a moment as he sunk into the warmth of the boy's fingers tracing circles into his scalp.

"I'm going to marry you. Someday. When the world isn't so cruel and filled with so many assholes." Robin's tongue was drenched with the taste of sadness, hesitation. But when Finn looked at him, eyes full of love and adoration, he had smiled back.

"Yeah, someday."

-