the drive-in crew are nothing but cheapskates

collab with | EliLover1 | <3. go check out their work if you haven't, their story collections are what inspired me to write this book along with my other ones :)). definitely show them some love. <33.

(this is a rinney + bruce one-shot. don't read if you don't like, thank you.)

Stars sprinkled along the dark sky, lighting up a city that had its lights off for the remainder of the night. It was winter this time around, icy fog sprawled against windows and fairy lights lined against porch posts. The grass had flurries of snow glistening atop of it, making it look glittery to bypassers.

Finney had his warmest coat on, a gift from Robin that he'd been given last Christmas. He was tucked into it, his face as red as an ornament as he snuck out of his house and out towards the driveway. He'd slipped Gwen a note through the bottom of her door, telling her that he'd be gone for the night and to not wait up for him. 

He knew she had read it when he saw her smiling face through her window, candlelight making her seem somewhat ominous.

Robin's van pulled up. The sound of music blasting on the inside poured out as the window was rolled down. "Ready to go?" Robin yelled over the music.

Poking from the backseat was their other date, sitting politely in the car. He was tense, but he was Bruce.

Finney opened the passenger side door. Climbing in to greet Robin with a quick punch to the shoulder, then a kiss pressed to where he punched.

"Hey baby.." Robin smiled. A hand went to his curls immediately. Rubbing them through his fingers.

"Your music fucking sucksssss..." Finney jokes, buckling into the car. His legs go up on the dashboard. He turns to the nervous Bruce. Who gave a smile.

"How are you feeling?" Finney asked this with a serious face, reaching a hand back to rub along the center of Bruce's knee. Bruce shrugged his shoulders and took a deep breath, leaning back. "I think I'm okay."

Bruce hadn't been on many dates before. In fact, this would count as his first one.

Robin looked through the rearview mirror, smiling. "We'll take good care of you, don't worry." Finney looked at Robin, pulling a disgusted face when the boy slightly turned to face him. "Don't be a perv Robin."

Robin rolled his eyes at that, flicking Finney with a finger on his free hand.

"You'll be just fine." Finney repeated. Reaching a hand back for him to take.

Which he did. Intertwining their fingers.

**

Robin roughly made his way into the parking lot of the drive-in.

"You suck at driving." Bruce said. Robin looked at him through the rearview. "Sure." He laughed. "Think fast"

Robin threw the boy's soda at him. Which he gathered after it narrowly missed his face.

"Put the seats back. It's more comfortable." Finney said.

Bruce moved to the middle seat in the back row, hunched into himself as Finney and Robin leaned their seats back.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Robin leaned on his elbows, his eyes trained on Bruce who nodded quickly. "Yeah, yeah I'm good. All good." Finney looked between the two boys, smiling softly.

"You know what sounds good right now? Some snacks." Finney poked at Robin's arm, ignoring the groan that came from the boy. "But the movie is about to start." Robin frowned, though his expression changed when Finney pressed a quick kiss to his nose. "Please?"