Brance - 'Nothing Like Him'

Bruce had watched the police officers take his boyfriend away, the sound of the people around him becoming muffled as everything seemed to move in slow motion. Bruce didn't hear himself scream, but he did see the officers slowly release his boyfriend from their tight grasp.

"Let him be! Let him be, he didn't mean to!"

Vance looked at Bruce, eyes teary and confused. Why would Bruce still accept him after that? Wasn't he scared of him?

Bruce ran towards his boyfriend, engulfing him in a hug and burying his head deep into his neck. "It's okay Vance. You're okay." Vance narrowed his eyes, sniffling back his tears that were trying to spill down his face. Why wasn't his boyfriend angry?
—————

Bruce had taken Vance back to his house, now cleaning up his hands from the incident at the Grab N' Go. Vance was avoiding eye contact, his thoughts spinning wildly in his head. Bruce was speaking to him softly, eyes soft and filled with concern. The blonde's hands were let go of, now having hands placed on the sides of his face. "Vance, baby look at me. What's bothering you?" The blonde looked up at his boyfriend, eyes puffy and filled with tears. "Wh-why aren't y-you mad at me? I did something b-bad. Hurt someone a-a-and-" Vance put his head in his hands, sobbing into them as Bruce stroked his thumbs over his cheeks softly. "Vance. You're human. You made a mistake." The blonde sobbed harder, palms catching fallen tears off of his face. Bruce pressed a tender kiss to the part of his forehead that was exposed, then another to his hands covering his face. Behind his hands, Vance let out a muffled collection of words. "I'm just like him. Just like my dad." Bruce ran his hands through this hair, rubbing at the back of his head affectionately. "No Vance. You're nothing like him. Nothing at all." The blonde's sobs ceased slowly, his hands soon removing themselves from his face. His entire face was red and his eyes were bloodshot. He sniffled, glancing upwards toward his boyfriend. "R-really?" His lip trembled slightly, eyebrows creasing together as he thought about what his boyfriend had said. Bruce leaned towards him, pressing yet another kiss to his forehead.

"Nothing like him."
—————

this was even shorter than the last. i hope you guys liked it though : ).