rinney - an apology for the crying boy

Robin felt horrible for what he had said. He never intended to hurt his boyfriend, yet he did. Finn only wanted him to stop fighting, to stop getting in trouble, but for some reason he just had to have the last word.

Robin was an asshole.

"Yeah, that was kind of fucked up dude." Vance's eyes were illuminated with the lights of the game in front of him, fingers tapping against the sides of it as the small metal ball threatened to drop. "You don't think I know that? Fuck-, I was an asshole to him." Robin had his head in his hands, sentences coming out muffled as he spoke through his fingers. "Yeah. You were."

Robin eyed Vance with a scowl, huffing out angrily as if he were a kid who didn't get their snack. "You're not very helpful." Vance glanced at him for a second before shrugging his shoulders. "I'm not really trying to be. Just try to apologize, I got things to do."

Robin rolled his eyes and moved from the boy and his pinball machine.

"I hope you lose that lame ass game, Hopper."
"I'll beat your ass Arellano."

Robin smiled at himself before pushing the door to the grab n' go open, a planned apology forming in his head as he absentmindedly made his way to Finn's home.

Finn lazed about on his bed, papers that once held sketches on them crumpled in front of him as he groaned. His bruises were still evident, meaning they still hurt. Gwen had brought him some aspirin and cream, helping him apply it on the bruises he couldn't quite reach. He was thankful for her.

Terrance hadn't been home much since he returned, which was good in more ways than one. At least he had some time to let these bruises heal before he had additional ones to mend to.

Finn stretched, a loud yawn coming from his mouth as he blinked slowly. He hadn't much to do, seeing as Gwen was off at a friend's and Robin, well that story told itself.

Finn slowly slid off of the bed and into a standing position, stretching more in attempts to rid his back of the ache that it had gotten from him laying on it for so long. He smiled when a pop was heard, shoulders sagging as he felt the slightest bit of relief.

But, as usual, the storm struck the calm.

A knock from the window put Finn on high alert, despite him knowing who the person most likely was. The same person who always showed up, wanted or not.

Robin stood behind the small frame of glass, a small smile playing on his lips as he lowered his fist from where he had knocked. Finn rolled his eyes before making his way over.

The window was clicked open and Finn leaned out of it, slightly annoyed at the presence of his boyfriend. "What do you want Robin?"

Robin placed his hands on the windowsill, ignoring how Finn leaned away from them. "I want you." Finn's face burned red and he looked away, annoyance still evident in his eyes nevertheless. "I don't know what to say to that."

Robin pressed his hands harder into the windowsill, resisting the urge to climb through and stand in front of the boy. "Finn. I came to apologize."

Finn turned around, annoyance now replaced with sadness, hurt. "The shit you said really fucking hurt Robin. You know what I go through." Robin nodded his head, bowing it slightly as a frown developed on his face.

"I know. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I was an asshole and I didn't mean to say all of that. I just-, I don't know. I hate seeing you hurt all the time." Finn sighed and rubbed at his nose, pushing back tears that clawed at his eyes and made them itch. "I don't want you to get in trouble Robin. Not for me."

Robin looked at Finn, realizing that they both had tears in their eyes.

"Is it okay for me to come in?" Finn nodded his head, backing away so that the other boy had room to climb through the window. In an instant, Robin was inside and the window was shut, secured with the small lock atop of it.

"God, I'm so sorry. I love you." Robin's voice was wobbly, hands shaking as he inched closer to Finn. "I love you too Robin."

Robin moved even closer, hesitantly wrapping his arms around Finn. Tears fell down both of their faces and Finn choked out a sob, pushing his head into Robin's chest to muffle the noise.

"You're an asshole, you know that?"
"I know. I know."

Robin didn't fight much after that.
Or did he?