Rinney/Brance - Night Adventure

"I am just a kid
I never use my brain
I only use my heart
And my imagination"

or

a group one-shot where the boys have a night adventure.
————

Finn smiled to himself, packing several pieces of clothes, along with his toothbrush, into a small book bag. Tonight, he and his best friend, as well as their boyfriends, would be spending the 'night' at Vance's house. Before then though, they planned to spend their actual night outside, exploring the town they lived in. Finn was excited about this, never having really done anything as exciting or nerve-racking as this. The realization of what was going to happen tonight dawned on him and filled his stomach with anxious butterflies.

"Finney! Do you want t-" Finn quickly turned around, startled by the sudden added presence in his room. He sighed, relaxing his posture when he saw his younger sister, Gwendolyn, standing in the entrance of his room. "Gwen! Don't scare me like that!" The younger girl laughed, eyes darting to the floor awkwardly. "Sorry Finney. Uh, where are you- what are you packing for?" She moved her head slightly sideways, squinting her eyes at the grey bag her brother had sat on his bed. "Oh uh, remember I said I was sleeping over at Vance's today? It'll be us two, Bruce and Robin." Gwen nodded, the memory of her brother telling her about his plans with his friends coming back into her brain slowly. "Oh, right. Well, I'll be getting out of your way now. Be careful Finney. Seriously." Finn gave her a smile before rushing towards her. "Wait, Gwen. Hold on." Gwen turned around, having begun to leave the older boy's room already. "Are you going to be okay here with dad by yourself? I can stay here if y-" Gwen quickly nodded her head, laughing softly. "I'll be okay Finney. I can always go to Susie's if anything goes wrong." Finn nodded, wrapping his arms around his sister quickly and giving her a warm hug. "Okay but, you call me or Vance if anything happens. Got it?" Gwen nodded her head, hugging her brother back softly. "I got it Finney." The siblings pulled apart, smiling at each other warmly. "Well, uh, have fun with your friends kid. I'll see you tomorrow." Gwen waved at her brother, once again leaving to her own room. Finn waved back, watching as the figure of his younger sister slowly disappeared down the hall and into another room.
————
Finn double checked the items in his bag, messily stuffing his phone charger into the jumble of clothes he had packed inside of it when he was done. "Okay. I think that's all I need." Finn mumbled the words to himself quietly, pushing his phone into his back pocket before exiting his room. He passed by his sleeping father, smiling when he noticed the man didn't have an alcoholic beverage in the hand hanging off of the armchair he was placed in. He passed by Gwen as well, giving her a quick smile as he quietly opened the front door and made his way outside.

Finn sighed as he closed the door behind him, squinting slightly as the sun beamed down on his pupils. He slowly stepped away from the house and begun to make his way down the sidewalk, smiling at the different people lining the streets. After about seven minutes, the boy stopped in front of a small blue house. He smiled at it, going up to the front door of the home and knocking on it three times. Vance opened the door almost instantly, his boyfriend right behind him with a large grin on his face.

"Finn!" Bruce moved in front of the blonde, instantly pulling his best friend in close for a hug. Finn laughed in the embrace, wrapping his arms around the boy hugging him. "Hi Bruce!" Vance rolled his eyes, scoffing in a joking sense. "Okay, so I don't get a hug too?" Finn smiled at the boy behind his best friend, moving away from the hug slowly. "Oh my goodness, where are my manners. Come here Vancey." Finn stretched his arms in front of him, spreading them to the side to signal the other boy over. Vance frowned at the nickname but walked over despite it. He smiled down at Finn when he was in front of him, bending down at least an inch to hug him. They let go after a short minute, smiling warmly at each other.