the infamous basement.

bruce, vance, finn, and robin are all in the basement.

tw: the grabber (jump-scare???), pedophilia, sexual and physical assault
———

Finn's loud sobs echoed through the basement, bouncing off the grey, discolored walls. Robin tried his best to comfort him, a warm hand placing itself on the boy's shoulder as he rocked back and forth. Vance had his ears covered, a tight grimace adorning his face. Bruce stared blankly at the single window perched above them, eyes twinkling softly from the reflective moon shining through.

The tall metal door creaked open, prompting the sobs to come to a quick stop. A man with a twisted mask stepped through, a soft giggle erupting from his mouth. Placed in the palm of his hand was Finn's rocket torch, the blood from weeks before cleaned from it. Vance shut his eyes, pushing his hands deeper into the sides of his head. Bruce kept his eyes on the window, the blank look never leaving.

"I heard you crying before I opened the door. Did you miss me?"

His tone sounded comforting, something similar to a mother's tone to her child. Finn felt himself scooting backwards, his lip quivering softly. He didn't respond to the man, facing the opposite direction towards the face of his best friend. Robin stared back at him, forcing himself to smile as if that would comfort the other.

Footsteps bounded towards the two, Robin forcibly becoming ripped away from Finn. His body was replaced by the man's. Finn tried to look away again, tears rolling down his cheeks when his chin was moved towards the person he didn't want to look at.

"Maybe you didn't hear me the first time. Did you miss me?"

Finn gulped down a sob, nodding his head at the man crouched in front of him. Another giggle was heard, a deeper one. Finn's wrist was grabbed tightly, making his eyes snap shut. He was forced to stand, his arm being dragged towards the stairs behind the door. He flinched when the metal door was slammed behind him, leaving him alone with the man.

"Let's have some fun, Finney Blake."
————

Now Robin was crying, his sobs soft and broken. Vance had uncovered his ears, his hands numb from pressing too long into his skin. Bruce had changed positions, now facing the wall.

Finn returned earlier than he usually did, a newly forming bruise near his collarbone. The metal door slammed loudly behind him, a clicking noise was heard, signaling it was locked. Finn shuffled close to Robin, softly interlocking their hands. His body shook slightly, a single tear rolling down his face towards his neck. Robin was quick to wipe it off, fully embracing the boy.

Bruce had moved closer to Vance, who had his eyes focused on his lap. Bruce slowly reached his hand out, moving a strand of blonde hair out of his eyes. Vance's cheeks flushed pink but he remained silent. Bruce was okay with that.
————

Vance was the first one awake, sunlight pouring over his pale, sunken face. He blinked slowly, eyes straining to look at the other boys around him.

Finn was curled into a ball, sleeping soundly next to Robin. Bruce was on the floor, his back pressed into Vance's side. The blonde squinted down at him, eyes warm with tears. He blinked them away quickly, wanting to be tough in case anyone woke up and looked at him. Or in case he was somewhere in the room.

The other three boys woke up almost an hour later, all with sunken faces. Though Finn had some color to his, the bruise from yesterday now fully setting in. It was both yellow and purple, making the skin look like an unfinished art piece. Finn hesitantly rubbed a finger over the area, wincing when it throbbed vigorously.

The all-familiar metal door was, once again, swung open. Two plates of eggs were placed on the floor before the door was slammed shut, a loud bang echoing throughout the small space. There was no movement for a long time, hesitation circling around the basement in a thick, suffocating cloud. Bruce sighed sadly, moving forward to take a bite of egg. Vance shook his head, grabbing the boy's hand before he could reach a plate.

"We all eat together, or we all starve. That's the deal we made, remember?"

Bruce smiled softly, happy to hear the voice he had started to slowly forget. It was hoarse, the blonde not having used it in so long. Vance smiled as well before frowning when his eyes glanced back at the eggs Bruce had previously reached for. Motioning for Finn and Robin to come closer, the blonde took a plate and moved it between him and Bruce. He then gave the remaining plate to the other two boys.

The four boys ate in silence, watching out for the familiar light flicker that would signal his return.
———

It had been months since Finn, the last boy that had been deemed missing, was taken. Gwen had finally had a dream, an encrypted message, that gave her insight on where her brother was. She took the chance that first time it was offered, no hesitation.

———

Gwen stood outside, the wind nipping at her skin harshly. She had phoned the police before grabbing her bike and pedaling around until she found her current spot. His house.

————

The boys had been downstairs when a loud yelp and a bang was heard above them. Sharing confused looks at each other, the boys looked towards the metal door.

"Thank god, I finally found you guys."

At the sight of Gwendolyn Blake and a familiar police officer, the boys smiled. Finn ran up to the younger girl, squeezing her close. Gwen squeezed back, just as tight.

When Finn let go, Gwen took a good look at him. She gasped when she saw the bruise. Finn shrugged it off, happy that him and his friends were going to be okay. That someone had came for them.

————

"That story sucked Robin. As if we'd actually get kidnapped. As if I'd get kidnapped!" Vance hollered, grabbing a fistful of marshmallows and throwing them at the shorter boy.

Robin shrieked, dodging the attack and pouncing on the blonde to tackle him backwards. Bruce and Finn laughed, eating the s'mores they had just created minutes earlier.

"Sorry Robin, but I agree with Vance. He'd probably murder the guy before he could even lay a finger on him. Also how and why would Gwen come to the rescue?"

Finn was talking with his mouth full, chocolate smeared on the corners of his mouth. Bruce rolled his eyes, handing him a napkin. Finn smiled and took it gratefully before returning his attention back to his other friend. Vance had him pinned to the floor, hitting him on the head with the bag of marshmallows. Robin kicked the blonde in the stomach, catching the bag of marshmallows as the boy groaned and rolled off of him.

"You never know Finn. You never know."

And he was right. Finn didn't know about what was going to happen. He had no idea.
———

😏.